• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting nervous

Glad you called your doctor. Never heard of someone's blood pressure dropping. Did you actually check it? Or just feels like it is low? It took me at least 3 days to feel normal. Having less calories and no carbs or sugars takes a while to adjust. I don't think we realize what a drug sugar really is…withdrawals suck. Hang in there it will be worth it

I work in a school so I had the nurse check it twice before I left, she told me not to drive so I had my son come pick me up, now I'm waiting for dr to call back

My surgery is next Thursday, and I started my liquid diet on the 8th of December, I'm not feeling the greatest, and my blood pressure is dropping, I called my family dr to see what to do. I feel like I'm going to get sick is this normal
I was sick with the protein shakes only diet. I had to change shakes part way through as it was so bad. I believe it is the worst part of this whole adventure.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Tracy. Checking with your doctor is best. I felt good and had no issues while on the liquid diet. I used the N.Y. Bariatric meal replacement shakes. Then made sure to have my between meal snacks. I am fortunate. I hope your doctor says everything is good for you. I only have my one experience to compare yours to, so it's not a lot of data. Hopefully you'll find its normal and you begin to feel better!

I'm still waiting for him to call me back, the school nurse said I may be low in salt and that may be what is making it drop so I just ate some tomato soup, so I hope that helps, I have come to far for this and I need this surgery ugh
I was sick with the protein shakes only diet. I had to change shakes part way through as it was so bad. I believe it is the worst part of this whole adventure.
I don't mind the taste of them, but my stomach hurts

Back