• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Gym choices; Curves sounds like it might be a good idea.

Qaterra

There is no gym in my town.

I'd like to join Gold's Gym because they have a pool. I love being in the water. There's a Gold's about 15 minutes from here, certainly doable. Awfully pricey, though.

I've known about Curves for a long time. But I've always resisted joining. Don't really know why. Just did.

Yesterday, I decided the time had come for me to join Curves. I think I read a post here that mentioned Curves and that set me to thinking. And after a little thinking, I was ready to walk in the door and sign on the dotted line.

So, I went to the Curves website to find the closest one. I think there used to be one here. I know there used to be one in the next town over, only 4 or 5 miles.

The club locator on the website doesn't show either city. I didn't worry too much about it, just emailed Curves asking for information.

Got an email today from Curves. The one in my town closed down long ago. The one in the next city over recently closed. The closest location is an hour round trip, plus about $8 in gas. Not happening.

Some days, you just can't win for losing.

Back to the drawing board. Sigh.

Back