• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

had surgery 2 days ago

Hi Lisa, I remember, everone here swears by gas x, unfortunately I didn't have this forum when I had surgery to find out I didn't have to suffer. I don't know what kind to take or if there is a liquid or chewable so call your bariatric center and the nurse on duty should be able to help you out. I just layed on my side to alieviate the gas that seemed to work well, the gas pains will eventually go away but due to the high protien meal plan we will be on the gas will always be with us, but anyone on a high protien meal plan has the same thing. :cool: Tom

I am sorry you feel yucky! I hope you can get the anti-gas medicine you need. I am sure you will feel better soon! You had the surgery now you just get to do what you need to do to loose weight. Envious! I am still waiting for my surgery date. I will remember the gas x. Thanks for the heads up even though it come at a cost to you. Sorry about that. I hope you feel good soon and get on to the reason you got the surgery. To loose weight! Yay! You go girl!

My daughter just had this surgery 31/2 weeks ago and she is still dealing with some pain. The MAIN thing is to keep drinking as much water as allowed to stay hydrated thats her problem. after about a week 1/2 though she di start feeling better. Whe the drain tube was removed that was even better. Good Luck !!!

Lisa-The GasEx strips are expensive. I just use a generic brand that is a soft gel capsule and chew it. It has a pleasant minty taste and the gel cap will disolve if you chew it well or you can just spit it out. Also, walking helps with the gas pain. It will ease up but like Tom said the high protein diet will always cause some gas. Since you are just out from surgery your gas is being caused by the surgery itself. You are going to feel very, very tired with low energy. Make sure to get lots of sleep and to also take naps during the day. Also make sure to get all your fluids in by sipping small amounts constantly. Let us know how you are doing :) :) :)

Gas-X chewable will help you greatly. I used it after I came back home and was suffering from gases. You can check with the nurse; I used to chew two tablets at a time to relieve the pain of gases.
Good luck and hang in there. Everything will be all right

Back