• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello introducing myself

Ljh1

Had a difficult doctor visit with my primary care dr who told me it is time to refer me to a bariatricion. My initial visit will be May 3. I’m scared and trying to gather information before my appointment. I have over 100 lbs to lose.

Had a difficult doctor visit with my primary care dr who told me it is time to refer me to a bariatricion. My initial visit will be May 3. I’m scared and trying to gather information before my appointment. I have over 100 lbs to lose.
Have you talked to your doc about surgery before or are they recommending it to you? It's a big undertaking and not an easy way to go. While I'm thrilled with the 60 lbs I've lost since my surgery 3 months ago, it has not been an easy road. There is much to consider. Sacrifices you have to be willing to make. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but do a LOT of research, ask a ton of questions of your bariatric surgeon, and understand the risks, the work involved, what to expect, etc. To me, it's been worth it though still a struggle. I know as time goes on it'll get easier. Let me know if you have amply questions at all. I'm happy to answer them based on my experiences and the research I did. (Also my surgeon provided an overabundance of info, which is a good thing!

Have you talked to your doc about surgery before or are they recommending it to you? It's a big undertaking and not an easy way to go. While I'm thrilled with the 60 lbs I've lost since my surgery 3 months ago, it has not been an easy road. There is much to consider. Sacrifices you have to be willing to make. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but do a LOT of research, ask a ton of questions of your bariatric surgeon, and understand the risks, the work involved, what to expect, etc. To me, it's been worth it though still a struggle. I know as time goes on it'll get easier. Let me know if you have amply questions at all. I'm happy to answer them based on my experiences and the research I did. (Also my surgeon provided an overabundance of info, which is a good thing!
We have talked about it several times but finally feel it is time. Nothing else has seemed to work for me. The past couple appointments she has brought it up but I wasn’t willing to consider it. My health is suffering because of my weight. I feel it is time to take action, I’m scared to death that it has come to this point. They already emailed me a ton of information I need to read as well as paperwork I need to fill out. I’ll definitely do my research.

Back