• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello

MistyChurch

I am new and scared and excited as I have recently started my journey. I hope I am doing e everything right. I have found out that I need an IVC filter. I am more scared about that than anything.

Hi Misty,

It is normal to be concerned about doing everything right. I would suggest logging all your food and liquid intake, to see how much protein and water you are getting. Review the plan provided by your Dr and Nutritionist, it will be most helpful. Also attend a live support group meeting, if possible. I find the face to face meetings to very helpful. I do not know what the IVC filter is, so I can't comment on that.

Welcome to the board.

Frank

:cool:

Thank you Frank. I have been using the fitness tracker app on my phone. I ave about 90g of protein a day and about the same with water. I have been to a support group already and have my first app with the nutritionist in 2 weeks. The IVC filter is a filter put in the inferior vena cava to break up blood clots before they reach the lungs, heart and brain. The part about it that I am scared about is they put it in thru the vein in the neck. :-|

They need a large vein as close to where it will be placed as they can get to. They will probably use radiological studies to make sure it correctly placed.

Back