• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lehsad

Ok so im about 4 yrs post op and gained 60 pounds. Dr recommeded a support group cause i having been doing too well to say the least. I went from 350 plus to 200 to 260 now im at 237. Extremely anxious depressed and frustrated but i have a counselor and im trying to get my mind right. I take no pills cause drs ive seen will prescribe none and honestly although it may help it wont solve a thing so i rather just deal, or learn to deal i should say. So far not good. I admit i was very suicidal but ive decided to just stay positive and keep moving which is way harder than it sounds for me at least. I feel like a failure and fat and ugly as hell. But i mean only i can switch things up. Sooooo any tips for post op weight gain and coping with stress anger and frustration of weight gain is needed and really appreciated. I can do all things through christ who strengthens me. Not giving up just gotta get a grip :)

Hello. You are doing so well and keeping a good attitude. I know the different feelings you are experiencing right now. I have gained 14 back and trying the 5 day pouch reset starting today. I have gone through all those thoughts you have and like you said He will get us through anything. Keep up the excellent work maybe try the pouch test but you have cone a long way and you are already doing it. This is just a little bump in the road.

Ok so im about 4 yrs post op and gained 60 pounds. Dr recommeded a support group cause i having been doing too well to say the least. I went from 350 plus to 200 to 260 now im at 237. Extremely anxious depressed and frustrated but i have a counselor and im trying to get my mind right. I take no pills cause drs ive seen will prescribe none and honestly although it may help it wont solve a thing so i rather just deal, or learn to deal i should say. So far not good. I admit i was very suicidal but ive decided to just stay positive and keep moving which is way harder than it sounds for me at least. I feel like a failure and fat and ugly as hell. But i mean only i can switch things up. Sooooo any tips for post op weight gain and coping with stress anger and frustration of weight gain is needed and really appreciated. I can do all things through christ who strengthens me. Not giving up just gotta get a grip :)

Welcome.

Getting back to basics is essential.

Getting into therapy is a MUST for you. Once again, I hope you are using the therapist from the surgeon's team that specializes in bariatric patients as well as the nutritionist too.

You can get back on track. In fact, I see that you have from a weight point of view.

However, clearly your self image needs work and you know you need it. So all that is good. This is hard work for so many. Don't give up.

Get back into a local support group. Go to the therapist weekly or more for now.

Regenerate those good feelings. Be selfish. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF !!!

If there is someone in your life sabotaging you with what they say or how they behave toward you, smack them across the head; perhaps literally depending on who they are. Well you know what I mean.

If necessary, cut them out of your life.

You must develop a positive image of yourself. Heck even at 237 compare a picture of you now to 360 pictures. You still have managed to keep 123 pounds off. Now, go to work and get it back together.

I know a few people in our support group who look good but think they are still fat. They go to the therapist every week and they go to a support group every week. That is how they are handling it until they finally get around to seeing themselves as healthy and normal weight again.

Ralph

Back