• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help 5 weeks out Pain in lower left stomach area also skin going numb

Help I'm 5 weeks out Pain in lower stomach on left side also goes numb at times I'm having problems when I move it feel like some one stabing me it's like a sharp shooting pain and around the same are I go numb from time to time I'm waiting on my dr to call me back but I'm kinda scared all my area where I was cut is all healed and fells fine just this area really bothering me I wish I know what was cause this or of any one else had this problem as well

Sorry I didn't have this problem. But, maybe others might have. Usually any belly pain with me is GAS. LOL Good luck..hope you get an answer soon.

Hi, don't wait on the Doctor, go to the emergency room if it happens again. I have not heard of anyone else with the same symptoms. I would not wait. Call the Dr. office, demand an appointment, if you don't want to go to the ER. Let us know what happens. You're in my prayers.

:cool:

Hi Melinda. Did you go see your surgeon about the side pain, sometimes the pouch can staples can come undone, it is not common but can happen so please make sure to see get in to make sure that everything is still intact in there. Let us know what you find out. Tom

It is caused by nerves being cut its normal. Sometimes you regain some of the feeling. But maybe not all of it. You sound like you have a gas pocket. I have one for years, before surgery. Try taking gas X and see if that helps. the pain for us all is different, we heal at different rates. Call and ask to speak to your doctors nurse she can help you.

Back