• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help, got deathly ill last night.

donnayork

Ok, what did I do wrong. Started throwing up around 6:30 pm an didn't end till 11:30 pm. What did I do to cause this? My day, always stop drinking 30 before and 30 after. Breakfast had half scrambled egg, lunch 1/4 cup mashed pinto beans with a little corn bread, dinner only 3 bites of grilled chicken moisted with 1/2 tsp mayo and that's when it started. No more eat the bites of chicken an the throwing up started. With my side pain still in full force an the throwing up I feel terrible this morning. Oh I forgot the pounding headache I had most of the day yesterday. Only think new I did yesterday was I started my new calcium chews. Could it have been them that caused this. Still have my headache, didn't get my water or protein in yesterday cause of the throwing up. To scared to even eat or drink today. What I do wrong ??

Donna, I honestly don't know what caused you so much discomfort. I have had foods that make my stomach hurt a lot but thankfully no throwing up. you may be dehydrated now due to not enough liquids yesterday. there are times when our pouch just doesn't want to accept certain foods. there are days when I can tolerate a little cereal with cold milk, other days no way and other foods do the same thing and cause a lot of discomfort. if you continue to feel bad, please call your dr office to let them know what is going on, and see if they recommend something to replenish your body other than water. your pouch may not want protein today, take small sips of whatever you try. I will pray for you to feel better.Donna (bigtallsis)

Hi Donna, Bigtallsis has it right, check with your Dr. Let them know what's going on. I wouldn't wait until tomorrow though, call today. If you don't or can't get enough fluid, you will become dehydrated and that is not a good thing. From what you're saying, it sounds like either the chicken or the mayo caused the problems. Have you had either before? If not, then definitely avoid them for the near future. Also the headache, take some Tylenol or OTC equivalent, no nsaids. Please let us know how you're doing.

Frank

:cool:

I would highly recommend that you contact your Doctor and do not wait. You have no idea of what is going on and it sounds as if you have done nothing wrong. If you are nauseated and vomiting it could be something serious such as a bowel problem or something simple like the 24 hour flu. You do not want to get dehydrated. Please call your doctor and if you know you are dehydrated you may have to go to the ER to get some fluids. Joy

I called the nurse left a message. Been drinking my water and took my meds. Drank a bowl of unjury chicken soup. Feeling better, praying I never get sick like that again. As long as I am keeping my fluids in I think I will recover. But would really like to know what caused it. But I can say even though I had eat chicken before I will never eat it again. Thank you all for your kind words.
Donna

Glad that you are feeling a little better Donna. I have not had my surgery yet, I think that I shall avoid chicken and mayo for the first few months ( just in case) hope you recover completely. xo
lacey

Donna york hi just checking to see how you are feeling today? (friday) did your dr office call you back and recommend a remedy for you yet? Let us know how you are doing. Donna k.(bigtallsis)

Doing much better today. The nurse didn't say to much, or not anything I didn't already know. Just that I possibly took a bite to quickly or could have been a 24 hour virus. She said, just drink my water an have nothing else till today. So that's what I did. Had some scrambled egg this morning an have did fine. Thought I was eating slow enough but trying to slow it down even more. I mean really how much time should I allow between bites?? Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
Donna York

Donna,

In my presurgery nutrition class they said to make my meals last at least twenty minutes and they preferred 30 minutes. Warn you ahead of time - the food gets cold but it works for me . They said put your fork or spoon down between bites. I find that hard but when I do it it works. Good luck as you continue on this journey. Joy

Back