• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi, i'm msme

msme

Introduction: I'm MsMe. I am a preop for the sleeve scheduled May 13, 2013 thought this would be a good support for myself during and after the procedure.

Hey there! Had my sleeve 3/05/2013 and have lost 54#. I find this board to be a good support too. I like finding out some of the problems I've had are shared by others (misery loves company! LOL). I have had no regrets from my surgery other than wishing I could have done it years ago when I was younger. Sometimes I've worried that I'll never enjoy eating again, but each week as I heal, I know that isn't true, because so much changes from week to week. So far my biggest struggle has been with the water intake, but I supplemented with sugar free popsicles and once I got the constipation under control, that all changed. If you keep a positive attitude, understand that last week isn't next week in your progress, you'll do great! Keep the forum updated on your progress! Good luck!!!! Tina

Welcome to the forum. I have been noticing more people here getting the VSG. Maybe we need to start a section for sleevers. Hoping your surgery goes well. I will be 11 months post op in May and my life has been transformed. I think the best relationship I have developed is with myself. Come back with any questions or just to keep up updated on your progress.

Kim-No need to start a section just for VSG, we don't mind letting you stay right here *LOL* All kidding aside, I might be wrong but I think there used to be a section for sleevers but no one used it. We're one big happy family here :) :) :)

Encouraged!

Hey there! Had my sleeve 3/05/2013 and have lost 54#. I find this board to be a good support too. I like finding out some of the problems I've had are shared by others (misery loves company! LOL). I have had no regrets from my surgery other than wishing I could have done it years ago when I was younger. Sometimes I've worried that I'll never enjoy eating again, but each week as I heal, I know that isn't true, because so much changes from week to week. So far my biggest struggle has been with the water intake, but I supplemented with sugar free popsicles and once I got the constipation under control, that all changed. If you keep a positive attitude, understand that last week isn't next week in your progress, you'll do great! Keep the forum updated on your progress! Good luck!!!! Tina

Thank you for sharing so freely your experience. Though I realize your experience may or may not be mine, it does give me an idea of some of what I can expect. I think the most powerful thing shared was that "last week isn't next week in your progress." I will remember that which will feed into a positive attitude. I too was concerned about the fluid intake. I naturally drink lots of fluids, lotssssssss. I have been sipping for a couple of months and it is working out fine. You are working hard, as that is the only way it will work. Your numbers support your hard work. Continue to work and share so others can succeed as well. Thanks again...hope to hear from you again.

I've noticed

During our group sessions throughout the midwest at the VA, that has been a problem, not knowing which procedure someone is referring to. For that reason, anytime I post, I say I am having the sleeve. That is the way we can work in one family. I enjoy being together as someone else might experience something you are experiencing, even emotional and have something to offer or gain from being together.

During our group sessions throughout the midwest at the VA, that has been a problem, not knowing which procedure someone is referring to. For that reason, anytime I post, I say I am having the sleeve. That is the way we can work in one family. I enjoy being together as someone else might experience something you are experiencing, even emotional and have something to offer or gain from being together.

MSME-If you want to you can also add the procedure you are having to your profile. Once you do this it will show up automatically each time you post.

Welcome to the board MsMe, this is a great group of people and you'll get a lot of useful information from the people in this group. Though each journey is different, many of us have faced similar problems along the way. Many of the issues faced are not unique to one procedure or the other. Be sure to ask anything you are curious about. Good luck with your surgery.

Frank

:cool:

Back