• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Home from surgery

This has been in the works for almost a year and now I’m home and in pain and wondering why I did this to myself. My best friend warned me that anesthesia can be brutal with your emotions. I know why I did this. I need to be healthy and take care of myself. Right now it feels somehow disappointing. Anyone else go through ups and down immediately after surgery?

This has been in the works for almost a year and now I’m home and in pain and wondering why I did this to myself. My best friend warned me that anesthesia can be brutal with your emotions. I know why I did this. I need to be healthy and take care of myself. Right now it feels somehow disappointing. Anyone else go through ups and down immediately after surgery?
I read about everyone's experiences and it's so individualized. I've never struggled with anesthesia and didn't this time either. The best thing to do post-anesthesia is to flush it out of your system. You have to stay ultra hydrated post op anyway so just make sure you are getting all of your liquids in.

How are you now?

Back