• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How it is going everyone?????

Hello guys: I am doing well. I went back to work 2 days ago. I am taking it easy because I only could stay home for two weeks and 3 days. I am still losing weight. I am still in soft food.
Special thank you to Ralph for his menu ideas. I had a hard time balancing the water intake at work, but I still drink 2 bottles of a liter each a day.
I hope that everyone is doing well. Please reply soon. I want to hear from everybody.
Regards,
Carolina

Hello guys: I am doing well. I went back to work 2 days ago. I am taking it easy because I only could stay home for two weeks and 3 days. I am still losing weight. I am still in soft food.
Special thank you to Ralph for his menu ideas. I had a hard time balancing the water intake at work, but I still drink 2 bottles of a liter each a day.
I hope that everyone is doing well. Please reply soon. I want to hear from everybody.
Regards,n
Carolina

Hi Carolina! I'm amazed you could go back to work after just 2 weeks. It took me a month before I felt pretty normal. Of course Im 64 yrs old so thats probably why. Glad you are doing so great!

Cheyenne

Hi Carolina,

Glad I could help.

Just take it easy. You are still healing. No heavy lifting of any kind. Don't push yourself.

Allow the body to mend.

You are going to continue to lose weight too!

Plus, as I have posted many times, keep track of your acomplishments, not just weight but all those other benefits you are enjoying, less of no meds, smaller clothes, move around more easily, heart rate dropping, etc., etc.,

Ralph

Hi everyone , congrats to everyone. My name is Janelle. I have not had the surgery yet. I just got threw taking all the test and turned everything in to the insurance . I,m just waiting to get approved . I really enjoy reading everyone's experiences and, am so proud of all of you for having the courage to make changes in your life's. If anyone has any advice for me while I wait I would greatly apreciate it . Thank you so much!

Hi everyone , congrats to everyone. My name is Janelle. I have not had the surgery yet. I just got threw taking all the test and turned everything in to the insurance . I,m just waiting to get approved . I really enjoy reading everyone's experiences and, am so proud of all of you for having the courage to make changes in your life's. If anyone has any advice for me while I wait I would greatly apreciate it . Thank you so much!

Hi,

You should start your own thread so that everyone can see it.

Advice, be kind to yourself.

Follow your surgeon's directions; especially in the first weeks pre-op and then the next two to three months post op.

They have a plan that has a lot to do with proper mending of your new stomach and also menu suggestions for you as you advance through the various post op phases.

You also have made a good decision to go for the surgery. It will do many things to improve your health and life in general.

I am happy you found the site.

Become and active participant.

Ask questions. Nothing is out of bounds.

We are all here to support each other during our good times and most importantly during our more difficult times.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph .
I have been trying to chance my eating habits , eating more protein. especially narrowing my caloric intake to 1200 - 1600 calories . But realistically I don't think I would need the surgery if I could maintain that .

Thanks again Ralph , I appreciate your advice and I look forward to meeting more people and ,also helping as much as I can .

Back