• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I think I'm finally past the fatigue.

LauraLeigh

I don't know about anyone else out there, but my biggest complaint post-op was fatigue. My surgery and recovery have gone very well. My pain was brief and well managed. But just taking a shower kicked my butt! Until today. I feel absolutely amazing. I haven't felt this good in ages!
Also, a bonus. I was out and about all day. Visited friends, went shopping and I didn't need any pain medication for my knees! Before surgery, I would have had to take 2 aleve and my pain pill before I even considered going anywhere. And I would have had to stop after 1 store because of pain.
I'm so happy right now. :D

I don't know about anyone else out there, but my biggest complaint post-op was fatigue. My surgery and recovery have gone very well. My pain was brief and well managed. But just taking a shower kicked my butt! Until today. I feel absolutely amazing. I haven't felt this good in ages!
Also, a bonus. I was out and about all day. Visited friends, went shopping and I didn't need any pain medication for my knees! Before surgery, I would have had to take 2 aleve and my pain pill before I even considered going anywhere. And I would have had to stop after 1 store because of pain.
I'm so happy right now. :D

You have done wonderful, LauraLeigh :) CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're down 114lb. That's awesome!!! I'm assuming some of the weight was lost before the surgery. How much have you lost since the surgery? You are so pretty!

Keep up the great work!

Cheyenne

Aw, thank you. 31 lbs at my last visit. A bit of a disappointment as 30 of those were from my first 2 weeks, but I'm still keeping at it. My next is Feb. 5th and I'm hopeful. I feel like I've lost more weight, but it can be hard to tell. I thought I'd lost more weight last time because I was wearing a smaller size clothes, but no. My body tricked me.

Aw, thank you. 31 lbs at my last visit. A bit of a disappointment as 30 of those were from my first 2 weeks, but I'm still keeping at it. My next is Feb. 5th and I'm hopeful. I feel like I've lost more weight, but it can be hard to tell. I thought I'd lost more weight last time because I was wearing a smaller size clothes, but no. My body tricked me.

Don't worry. It happens to most all of us. Lose a good amount, then a plateau. Then drop more pounds then another plateau. But as long as the weight is heading downward, thats ok, all will be good. I'm at a plateau now but my clothes have gotten so loose, I know I'm ready to drop some weight again.

31 lb in one month is super!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Cheyenne

Back