• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm 6 days out and still thrilled with my decision

Laurieann

Today is my 6th day out from surgery and I am so happy that I took the chance on WLS. I am still a little sore on my left side, but I am not taking pain medication because I do not need it. I am taking my Zofran and Phenergan, as directed, to keep away the nausea and so far, I have not been sick. I have had glimpses of nausea, but not fulll fledge nausea yet and I am so happy for that. I am getting alot of walks in each day, and trying to meet my liquid and protein requirements, but as many of you have said on here, the fluids are more important this first week than the protein, so I am trying to be patient with my body as it adjust to how it is arranged now. I'm averaging about 50 grams of protein right now and I think that's pretty dog-gone good! This has been a really great experience for me so far and I am losing weight. Before I left the hospital, my nurse told me that within the next two weeks I may wake up and feel really crappy one day. She said if that happens, to stay in bed and let it pass. I am so glad she gave me that advice although I have not had to use it. Unfortunately, my husband had a pancreatic flare-up on Saturday (He has chronic pancreatitus), the day after I came home, so I have been left to my own resources and my sister when she is not working. I have been very careful getting in and out of the shower so that I do not slip and fall because that scares me the most, but I feel stronger and stronger each day. For anyone considering this surgery, I would say, go for it without a doubt. I expect set-backs and bad days, but the thrill that I am getting healthier and stronger everyday far outweighs the cost of being afraid. Thank you for all the love and support you all have given me on this forum as it has been invaluable to me. All my love to everyone - Laurie Ann

Laurieann, You BIG LOSER you! Way to go and congrats on the successful surgery. Your attitude is exactly where it needs to be for you to be successful. This journey of ours is a lifelong trip and each day brings new challenges and rewards. Keep it up and let us know how you're doing.

Frank

:cool:

Laurieann, reading post like this is exactly why I signed up for this support group; it has given me the motivation and courage to continue this journey. Congrats and keep up the great work!

Laurieann, I am so happy for you! I feel the same way as you...I am so happy I had my surgery! No regrets at all.

Your positive attitude is outstanding!! I look forward to hearing from people like you. It makes the "bad days" not so bad!! I have way too many "bad days" prior to surgery, I'm ready to have a "bad day" that is just a path to something greater!! My bad days right now are elevated blood pressure (sometimes stroke level). It is awful, but there is NOTHING good that will come out of my current bad days. I am trying to keep in my mind that even on my "worst day" Post surgery, it has got to be better than the path I was on!! I am super excited and haven't wished the days away so much in my life!! LOL Congrats on everything and Keep up the great work!!

Laurie Ann hi so glad you are doing well. how is your husband healing ? I bet your son is keeping busy trying to make sure mom and ad both are doing better. I haven't been on here much so I am trying to catch up. drop me a line when you are feeling better. Will pray for your health and your husbands too. Donna

Back