• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Im new

Tolewoo

Hello I had my surgery done 03/14/2013 I went in weighing 218.5 and today 03/20/2013 I weigh 202.1. The surgery went great but when I woke up I was in so much pain. Mymouth was very dry I overall felt terrible. They were going to release me 3-16-13 but I couldnt take in enough fluids so they kept me over night for observation and released me on 3-17-13. I go to my first pre-op appt. tommorow and I have been still feeling terrible I have been very dizzy feeling a little naseau. Im am so ready for the pain and all to just go away so I can begin to enjoy the weight loss and activities and Lifes. I thought me joing this support group could help and enlighten me at the same time.

The beginning can be challenging, but as times passes things will get better. I think this has been the experience of most of us on this site. Follow your plan, drink water as much as you can. I found that keeping fluids at room temp went down easier especially in the beginning. You have also lost a lot of weight in a short period of time and your body needs time to adjust and heal. Let us know how you are doing.

Tolewoo WELCOME TO THIS FORUM I hope you are feeling better today, like others have said your body is trying to adjust to the weight loss and the changes your body is dealing with, it truly does get better and the pain will stop too.do your best to follow all instructions that you were given by surgeon's office. you're on the road to a new healthier and happy you, weight loss sure feels good. wishing you much success on your journey.

Make sure you walk as much as you are able. Some of the pain may be from trapped gas. The more you do, the easier it will get. Make the surgeons office aware, though, if the pain gets worse.

Welcome to the group. I too experienced dizziness after surgery, but it was due to my High Blood Pressure meds, so the Doc cut my requirements in half. What a great feeling that was and the dizziness stopped. Things will get better as your body heals and adjusts to the new you. Good luck and let us know how it's going.

Frank

:cool:

Back