• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm new :)

Caw

I had the sleeve done 10 days ago and I am having the hardest time with protein....I can't stand the smell and trying to swallow it makes me sick. Please give me some tips to get in my protein. I want to be healthy!
Thanks
C

welcome. I have to ask what you have tried in order to help. I preferred Unjury early on and still drink one protein shake per day. I love the strawberry mixed with crystal light lemon aid.

I have tried unjury vanilla, new whey, and BA strawberry sorbet.
How do u mix it?
I tried these with water and skim milk.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your surgery. I am 2 months out and am still having problems getting in all of my protein. I have been drinking some already made protein shakes I find them to be a little easier to handle on my stomach. I have some protein powder that my husband ordered for me online I mix it with skim milk and sometimes I add ice to it so that it is a little thicker like a smoothie. There are others on here that are further out that can give you a lot of great info.

TillieS

I have used Isopure Grape flavored protein drink. I like it. Many people complain about an after taste. However, I found that to be a non-issue.

I have also used Premier Protein shakes both vanilla and chocolate. These can be picked up at Costco by the case. You can also find them at most Rx stores. I have never used the whey powder mixes myself.

So go out and try a few of these shakes. Yes, you should be able to buy them in small quantity and then decide if you like them.

I order my Isopure by the case. I haven't been using my premier shakes of late. I am getting plenty of protein now from foods. However, in the early go Premier had 30 grams of protein in it and I found them to be quite tasty.

Ralph

I have tried unjury vanilla, new whey, and BA strawberry sorbet.
How do u mix it?
tried these with water and skim milk.
vanilla I mix with decaf coffee or i'll mix it in cream cheese and stuff into a strawberry yummy
Strawberry I mix with lemon aid and crushed ice
Also I don't get along with milk so I use the un-sweetend almond milk

Welcome, sorry I don't have any problems with protein. I can't offer any advice. Maybe u can read on some of the post and get some help. I hope this clears up for you.

Hi , Im going to do the Bariatric Surgery. I don't know what one is better. The Sleeve Gastrectomy or the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bybass ?Can anyone out there help me out please. and by the foods, I do eat the Protein first,then the rest, for snacks, I eat Yoplait Greek, and Kellogg's Special K makes cereal bars and chips. you can eat them instead of the other bad snacks,, but keep the fruit and vegs,in your meals to..

Thank you ,,Bethlyn70;)

Last edited:
Back