• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Initial appt done/no sx date yet

sharpmind

I just had my first intake visit on Friday, weight loss goal 63-84 lbs with the RNY. Let me introduce myself. I have struggled with weight for too many years to count. I am so excited to get this new journey underway. Yet at the same time I am so nervous and scared that I won't be able to do it "I will be the DRs only failure" is my thinking from time to time due to many past failures. Please tell me I am not the only one that thinks this way.
I just turned 50yo and recently got my BSN. I work as a floor RN at a hospital seniors unit(lots of physical work). So stresses have been high both mentally and physically. My weight problem is causeing too much discomfort(feet, back-u name it it hurts) for this kind of work. If any nurses out there have some tips or suggestions or insights about this new lifestyle perhaps we can help each other out. I also work 7p-7a which is an added stress. Also for everyone out there going through this journey, I'd love to hear from you. My motivation now is too loss weight to make my career and home life easier. Also I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE DAY I CAN CROSS MY LEGS AGAIN!
Thanks for being here- it was this forum that helped in making my decision to go for it!

BTW what is meant by "separate tags unsing a comma"

I too am 50 and have had the same thoughts and feelings. This just means you are serious and willing to make it work out.
The fear of failure is what will help and keep you moving on the success trail...

I am thrilled to have the opportunity to reclaim my life as well. I am well on my way to surgery. Mine is next week and I am still a bit scared, freaked out, and a whole lot thrilled and ready to go.
I cannot wait until I am able to go hunting, hiking, horseback riding and all of the other things I enjoyed before I ballooned up.

BTW, Welcome aboard we have some truly awesome and well experienced folks.

I just had my first intake visit on Friday, weight loss goal 63-84 lbs with the RNY. Let me introduce myself. I have struggled with weight for too many years to count. I am so excited to get this new journey underway. Yet at the same time I am so nervous and scared that I won't be able to do it "I will be the DRs only failure" is my thinking from time to time due to many past failures. Please tell me I am not the only one that thinks this way.
I just turned 50yo and recently got my BSN. I work as a floor RN at a hospital seniors unit(lots of physical work). So stresses have been high both mentally and physically. My weight problem is causeing too much discomfort(feet, back-u name it it hurts) for this kind of work. If any nurses out there have some tips or suggestions or insights about this new lifestyle perhaps we can help each other out. I also work 7p-7a which is an added stress. Also for everyone out there going through this journey, I'd love to hear from you. My motivation now is too loss weight to make my career and home life easier. Also I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE DAY I CAN CROSS MY LEGS AGAIN!
Thanks for being here- it was this forum that helped in making my decision to go for it!

BTW what is meant by "separate tags unsing a comma"

WELCOME WELECOME. I feel the same way. The one thing I’ve learned from this forum, REMEMBER THE SURGERY IS A TOOL! So just keep that in mind and you should do fine.
I don’t’ have a surgery date yet either, I started this journey in July. And what did it for me is posting some photos of me and my BFFs. I looked like AWFUL. At least I thought I did 
Like you, I’m ready for everything to stop “hurting”.

GOOD LUCK… use this forum. It’s been a great resource for me so far!
Rhonda

PS: I have NO IDEA waht "separate tags unsing a comma" means.

Its when you want to add tags to a blog or post but the tags have to be separated with a comma like: running, basketball, football or other wise it shows it all as 1 tag instead of 3 separate tags

Back