• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Introducing myself.. Hey I’m just Jenn

Just Jenn

Hi y’all. My name is Jennifer. I live in California I’m 47 years old. I had the VSG surgery on April 3rd, 2023. I weighed in 245 pounds on the day of surgery and my current weight is 125. So it’s almost my one year anniversary. I’m reaching out because I’m looking for a supportive community who understands what I may be going through. I’m here for support and to give support. Take care y’all!

Last edited:
Welcome Jenn,
My name is Terri. I appreciate your post as well. I had the ESG last May, but nowhere near the weight loss you’ve had. I am happy with the weight I am now, but want to keep it that way. I didn’t have that much to lose (about 40 lbs), and I just eat things that are not particularly healthy for me. Hoping the group can provide some encouragement. Kudos to you and everyone who has had, or even attempted this journey!

Welcome, Jenn. My VSG was on January 25, and until today, I am 202; I hope I can get to 180 so I can fight those 20 pounds when my hunger comes back and my weight starts sweating back. I hope that is all, my goal is not passing 200 pounds, I am male 57 5,11 So is a journey I did to get off my meds which is happening I am off my diabetics and hope I fix the rest, no more sleep apnea..so We are all in this together...

Welcome, Jenn. My VSG was on January 25, and until today, I am 202; I hope I can get to 180 so I can fight those 20 pounds when my hunger comes back and my weight starts sweating back. I hope that is all, my goal is not passing 200 pounds, I am male 57 5,11 So is a journey I did to get off my meds which is happening I am off my diabetics and hope I fix the rest, no more sleep apnea..so We are all in this together...
That's encouraging. I'm 3 months out with 50# gone. Pretty much my goal weight. I'm doing labs now but so worried I won't get off the meds or apnea like you. My home monitoring shows me better but not at the level that I can go off. I'm afraid with my increasing heart burn I'll actually have to add another med to the omeprazole.

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to reach out to the admins here about the possibility of purchasing some links for my website. I'm willing to pay for them, of course.

Here are a few examples of my links:

Sahibediya
Original Web Series

If anyone from the admin team is interested in discussing this further, please feel free to shoot me a message in the DMs. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks a bunch!

Welcome Jenn,
My name is Terri. I appreciate your post as well. I had the ESG last May, but nowhere near the weight loss you’ve had. I am happy with the weight I am now, but want to keep it that way. I didn’t have that much to lose (about 40 lbs), and I just eat things that are not particularly healthy for me. Hoping the group can provide some encouragement. Kudos to you and everyone who has had, or even attempted this journey!
Hi thanks for the welcome message i appreciate it. I am also struggling with some very unhealthy eating habits and I am in search of some support. But don’t worry we got this! ❤

Hi thanks for the response congrats on your progress great job! We got this!

Back