• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

It has been awhile

Kim M

I have not been on the site for quite some time now. I am 27 months post-op and 11 months at maintenance. I am maintaining my weight loss. I will say sometimes with little effort and other times with all the strength I have. Well speaking only for myself maintenance is where I discovered the most about myself and my relationship with food. I have fully realized that it has never been about the food. Awareness is one thing, but ultimately the choices I make each day will determine my success. When I believe I am not worthy of being treated as I would treat anyone else, my default mode is to turn to what I know best to eat. While this is completely illogical, it is what I had always done. This is the change that I continue to work on. It is having to relearn what my needs are and what I need to do to meet them. For me the hardest part. I am enjoying the benefits of good health and the ability to do things I have not done for quite some time. This is wonderful. Just wanted to stop by with some random thoughts. I got so much support here early on which I am grateful for. Hope all are doing well and living life to the fullest.

No
I have not been on the site for quite some time now. I am 27 months post-op and 11 months at maintenance. I am maintaining my weight loss. I will say sometimes with little effort and other times with all the strength I have. Well speaking only for myself maintenance is where I discovered the most about myself and my relationship with food. I have fully realized that it has never been about the food. Awareness is one thing, but ultimately the choices I make each day will determine my success. When I believe I am not worthy of being treated as I would treat anyone else, my default mode is to turn to what I know best to eat. While this is completely illogical, it is what I had always done. This is the change that I continue to work on. It is having to relearn what my needs are and what I need to do to meet them. For me the hardest part. I am enjoying the benefits of good health and the ability to do things I have not done for quite some time. This is wonderful. Just wanted to stop by with some random thoughts. I got so much support here early on which I am grateful for. Hope all are doing well and living life to the fullest.

CONGRATULATIONS Kim on your weight loss success and reaching and maintaining your goal and then some!!! You have done fabulously!!!

I have lost quite a bit of weight and I am very happy with myself. I have more weight to lose but I need to re-adjust my exercise and diet a bit more. I had a rule of never eating after 7pm at the latest and lately I have been eating my last meal of the day at 9 or 10pm. The nutritionist told me it didn't matter what time I eat my calories but I'm sure it does matter. But that's okay, I will re-adjust.

Nice to hear from you! :cool:

Cheyenne

Cheyenne you are doing great. I think along the way we can see patterns and make adjustments as needed. I tend to eat dinner at about 7:30 and don't need a snack before bed. That doesn't mean that I don't ever have one. Just need to check myself. Eating when I am not physically hungry feels as if I am disrespecting my body's needs. No more self abuse. Keep up the great work. I will try and stop by more often.

Back