• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just looking and learning

Deb1809

Hi everyone. I just started my weight loss classes haven't seen my surgeon yet, that will be this Thursday. Just trying to soak up as much information as possible. I am nervous. This is such a radical move for me but, I am so tired of the constant battle trying to lose weight and keep it off. Now that I am pre-menopausal, I can't seem to lose any at all, just gain. Other health concerns such as GERD and high blood pressure, plus the heart disease that runs in my family have taken me to this path. I hope I can get some really good information here. I have lots of questions.

Hi Deb, Welcome, There are lots of great folks here to help and support you on your wonderful journey to a helthier you. It is ok to be nervous and scared, I had high BP and cholesterol with the same trouble of not being able to lose weight and keep it off it would always come back and then some:( Do you know what type of proceedure you are going to have? :cool: Tom

Hi Tom. I am having the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. I figure by the time I'm finished with the classes my insurance requires I take it'll be September. I'm going to try to have it done right after Christmas due to the time off of work.

Congratulations on your descision, you will probably havre more questions after your class. It is an incredible journey. :cool: Tom

Back