• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking for a Buddy

Looking for someone who had sleeve surgery around the same time as me in APRIL. My surgery was on April 12, 2022. Hoping to connect with someone who is in the same stage as I am. It’s been an emotional roller coaster lately and it would be great to share and relate to someone who understands. It would be nice to share one on one with someone and support each other on a more personal level.

Best of luck finding your surgery buddy. I was blessed to reconnect with another bariatric patient who had surgery the same day as I did, aka my "twin." We talk and text daily, walk almost daily (when the heat index isn't 100-105° lol), and share our joys, fears, and lots and lots of encouragement. I would be so lost without her. Everyone needs someone to love and encourage them, especially one who had WLS! ❤❤❤❤

Best of luck finding your surgery buddy. I was blessed to reconnect with another bariatric patient who had surgery the same day as I did, aka my "twin." We talk and text daily, walk almost daily (when the heat index isn't 100-105° lol), and share our joys, fears, and lots and lots of encouragement. I would be so lost without her. Everyone needs someone to love and encourage them, especially one who had WLS! ❤❤❤❤
Wow, how did you find someone who lives near you? That must be so wonderful.

Wow, how did you find someone who lives near you? That must be so wonderful.
Lucky, blessed and full of wonder is how I feel about my surgery twin being in my life. We both attended the same pre-surgery education class where we 1st met. We talked in the hospital after surgery bc our rooms were close together, having the same day surgery!

Then about 4 months after surgery we found each other in a store, exchanged phone numbers, and have been besties ever since. The Lord truly blessed us by putting us in each other's lives. We can navigate the ups and downs, the joys of lbs dropped and the agonies of plateaus, and help each other manage those snacky temptations lol.

Back