• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Maintaining weight now and doing well

dancinbr

Hello,

It is very quiet here lately.

I hope all our regulars get back to posting to stay in touch with each other.

I am equally guilty. Over the summer so much was going on that I neglected to get to the site each day.

Anyway, I am formally in maintenance. I reached my goal of under 200. Now, over the past two months or so, I keep my weight in a very tight range from 197 to 200.

I do want to bring the range down to 195 to 198.

What I am finding is I don't eat more but I do have more mini-meals/snacks.

Right now, I am at 199.6. At any one sitting I eat minimally.

For example, last night I had 3 ounces of chicken breast, a 1/2 cup of string beans and small corn on the cob. That is the meal.

I do have snacks during the day and evening. This is where I must be careful long term. "noshing" can be my downfall, but it also allows me to enjoy a little of this and that where before I haven't been able to have much of anything.

I am doing fine with liquids. I still DO NOT MIX liquids and food at a meal. I MUST allow the 1/2 to 1 hour between them.

I find that I can consume in the range of 1500 to 1800 calories now and maintain my weight.

So I am enjoying life more, but I log everything and weigh in every morning to make sure I am not getting out of control.

A good life now and I don't want to ruin it.

Ralph

Congratulations Ralph!

I haven't been around lately with life stepping in. I 15 months out and still trying to lose my last 15 lbs. I keep moving forward. I even ran a 5k something my former 330 lbs self would have never of dreamed of.

Congratulations Ralph!

I haven't been around lately with life stepping in. I 15 months out and still trying to lose my last 15 lbs. I keep moving forward. I even ran a 5k something my former 330 lbs self would have never of dreamed of.

Good to hear from you again.

Hey, you are doing terrific. Maybe those last 15 pounds aren't supposed to come off. Look at where you were and where you are now.

Look at all the wonderful health benefits you now have vs when you were at your starting weight.

Enjoy and don't fret.

Keep up your new lifestly.

I guess I could have said I want to weight 185, but I didn't.

If I did, I probably would have a very difficult time getting to that weight.

Have you had any cosmetic surgery?

My bariatric doctor tells me that I am carrying around at least 10 pounds of excess skin that hangs around my belly. I am thinking about whether or not to have it removed. We will try to get it done based on a medical reason and not cosmetic. Otherwise, I have to seriously consider the cost.

If you haven't had any skin removal surgery yet, I will tell you that you have about 20 pounds of excess skin! So technically you are actually 148. This is the weight you would be after a cosmetic procedure removing that excess skin.

I am technically 186.8 this morning since I got my extra weight off yesterday and I am down to 196.8 a new low for me.

So think about what I am saying and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Best wishes,

Ralph

I had the RNY 6 years ago and lost about 120 pounds, I have now gained 40 of it back ok maybe a little more:( My daughter is now going thru this next week, Would it hurt me to go step by step with her and start over?

Heck no, get yourself back down again before it is too late.

I had the RNY 6 years ago and lost about 120 pounds, I have now gained 40 of it back ok maybe a little more:( My daughter is now going thru this next week, Would it hurt me to go step by step with her and start over?

This sounds like a terrific idea.

You worked so hard to get the weight off.

Don't let it creep back on, which is exactly what is happening.

I know you are 6 years down the path and I am only about to celebrate my first anniversary on 11/4/2014. However, you MUST get it back under control. Clearly, you have been in control but each year it sounds like a little more weight has snuck on.

So, yes support your daughter. Do the steps with her again.

Join a local support group. They will help you too. Visit your bariatric team again, especially the nutritionist and the psychologist. They can help you too.

Ralph

WELCOME to the Forum, Jeanne!!!

Ralph is right, don't let that weight keep sneaking back on. Starting over with your daughter is an excellent idea. It's always easier to stay on track with a partner who will be going through the same thing that you have gone through. Your 40 lb will be off in a snap! :)

Good luck,

Cheyenne :cool:

Back