• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Members: please report trolls and spammers

Our group is being destroyed by these anonymous monsters. Please, report AT LEAST one illegitimate post to administration by clicking on the "report" link you'll see at the bottom. If only one or two members say something, nothing will come of it. But administrators can get rid of these jerks.

Please take the time to report as many as you can or this group will become the ghost town it was when I arrived here in 2008. Believe me, it was so much work to build it up and get regular members. We've been thriving for years now but now we're under attack.

Please. Report posts that don't belong here.

I always do. However, I have a feeling that this group no longer has active, official moderators. Meaning, nothing is going to happen. I also block them but that doesn't help me when the next one pops up!

No, this group hasn't been moderated for many years. However, the association that sponsors it will occasionally pop up if things are going really badly. It's rare. But I just wanted to see if people could rise up and report, since this latest onslaught is the worst I've ever seen. You too, Missy? I have them on ignore so they don't show up when I check online, but I don't get posts in my email box, so I don't know what happens there. Thanks Bill!

I do think it helps to report, especially because this group has been such a great, flame-free place for so long. If a bunch of people suddenly report, the association WILL notice. And they can deal with mass spammers, though I don't know how they do it.

Back