• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My surgery is Sept 17th. I can't wait to start my new life

hfricke

I just got the call now I'm just waiting for the pre op appointments Little nervous but excited at the same time.

Hi HFricke, Welcome. Congratulations on your surgery dat. It is completly normal to be excited and nevouse. We are all here for you if you need to vent or just chat and ask questions. :cool: Tom

Thanks for the encouragement. I have told just my family (2 daughters and a husband) and the 3girls that I directly supervise so they don't worry when I have the operation. They are all happy for me. I just don't know if I want to tell anyone else. Did you let anyone know?

Hi hfricke, I just learned of my surgery date September 10 and I haven't told anyone except 1 friend. My husband knows but he doesn't really want me to have it done but it has been a long time since I've felt good about myself. My chlosterol has jumped pretty high in the last year and haven't felt well. Had a car wreck several years ago, and a really bad back to go with it. Just go with it I know exactly how you feel,everybody is really nice and try to keep you up so let us know how everything is coming along, Diana

I just told my family and a few close friends and my boss who couldn't keep it to himself, but I didn't worry about it:p Tell whoever you feel comfortable telling and don't worry about anyone else. :cool: Tom

In my experience if you tell one person everyone else finds out eventually *LOL* Plus, once you lose a significant amount of weight most people ask you if you had WLS.

So how did the surgery go? How are you feeling 2 weeks out? I hope it went smoothly and you are recovering a the right pace.

Thinking about you and hoping everything went smoothly Hopefully you will be out of the hospital and on your way to a whole new life. Let me know how everything is turning out for you.

Back