• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New.. And trying to figure this out!

First about me.. I am in the pre-surgery stage. I have an orientation on the 24th at the surgery center. Still don't know what surgery I am having. I am kinda leaning towards the sleeve... but I don't know. So any suggestions there is welcome.
Second. I am not even sure if I am posting this in the right area. New to site. Love the idea of having other WLS patients to get ideas and feed back from. So I hope this site helps out ! I am always open to chat so if you see me online say HI!

Hello Crystal. I had my gastric bypass on the 4th. I just came home today. My doc wanted mevto have gastric because I am 54 and he wanted the weight off of me as fast as we could, plus my insurance covered it. I am looking to lose about 170 pounds to put me at about 170. You have to think about your situation is and what will work for you. I have done about 10 years of research before I made mybfinal decision.

Think about how much weight you want to lose, how fast u want to lose it, and what your insurance will pay for.

Lap band, sleeve or gastric. I hope this helps you. Text me if you have any more questions, I will help you asvbest I can. Good luck on your decision.

hi Shirley you are doing good considering you just had surgery. I am 56 and I had the bariatric 9-20-12 it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I wish you much success , I too love to chat and I will gladly answer any ? you might have. Take it easy and let your body heal. the pounds will come off, and you're gonna feel like a new healthier you. Donna

Back