• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New Changes

Mark

Hello I am almost one month post op gastric bypass, so glad I did it but having a little trouble learning how eat...but I am ready for this new lifestyle change

if you have face book there are some good information on there, search.... WLS ,...(weight loss surgery) i have join a few different groups on there and the people share different tips and their experiences an i find it really helpful. hope you are getting along well, hang in there they say it gets better :) i am waiting on my approval so im sure i'll have a story to tell as well.

At one month post op.. My menu was (flakey) fish.. tuna and salmon mixed with miracle whip ( or mayo) spread on 2 crackers, Scrambled egg, Applesauce.. mashed potatoes or boiled sweet potatoes in very small amounts, Oatmeal and protein shakes 1 a day.

Mark, you are trying to undo a lifetime of bad eating habits. I know it's hard. But it will be so worth it when you are fit and healthy.

Hello - I am struggling at 3 weeks post-op too. Doing ok most of the time and using shakes to make sure I get my protein in. But sometimes I try "normal" food.....and that just doesn't work. Nice to know that others are feeling the same and having the same issues. You are NOT alone.

Try just a bite of normal food. I used chicken ground in the food processor and mashed potatoes. Trader Joe's has a frozen one that come in tiny little patties that are easy to use. It just takes time.

Hello All new to this site also. I just find it so amazing how each program is so different. I am two weeks post-op and on full liquids and will graduate to puree foods on Sunday for two weeks. As my doctor's program says time for healing and training your new tool to accept the changes. Congrats to everyone for taking a step toward good health.

Back