• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

new here and surgery is coming up

dchez

Hi there first time posting but I was here before and joined back in November when i was first gettng started on my journey. I have been reading all the great info from everyone it helps to know everyone has a different experience. My sister had her surgery 5 years ago and is doing great because of her success I have made the decision to do the surgery too. My surgery date is next Friday February 28th. I am reading all the "what to take with you" and what to expect the week after stories. I know everyone is different and it is personal healing and learning but support is great. I live in a rural area so my surgery place is about 5 1/2 hours away so the drive home will be interesting but we'll just take it slow and easy. Getting very excited and just keep thinking I'll be healthy and better for doing this. Thanks everyone for your input

Hi there first time posting but I was here before and joined back in November when i was first gettng started on my journey. I have been reading all the great info from everyone it helps to know everyone has a different experience. My sister had her surgery 5 years ago and is doing great because of her success I have made the decision to do the surgery too. My surgery date is next Friday February 28th. I am reading all the "what to take with you" and what to expect the week after stories. I know everyone is different and it is personal healing and learning but support is great. I live in a rural area so my surgery place is about 5 1/2 hours away so the drive home will be interesting but we'll just take it slow and easy. Getting very excited and just keep thinking I'll be healthy and better for doing this. Thanks everyone for your input

Hi welcome to the forum. Congrats on your decision to start your journey. Good luck with your surgery I pray that all goes well for you. It is coming quickly and you will feel all kinds of emotions. I was nervous and excited all in one. Just remember like you said you will be healthier and happy doing this. Come back often there is always new and informative info if you have any questions there is always someone who will have an answer.

TillieS

Hi! WELCOME to the Forum!!! Glad you are here with us.

Good luck to you in your upcoming surgery!!! Just a week away, how exciting for you! :)

Cheyenne

Welcome to the forum.

This forum will become very important to you. I suspect that you will NOT easily attend a local support group given that you live in a rural area and are 5 1/2 hours away from your surgery location. That makes this forum even more important.

I wish you the best. You will be very happy that you made this decision.

Ralph

Today was your surgery day, I hope all went very well! Let us know how you are doing as soon as you feel up to writing!

Cheyenne

Welcome to the forum. Just saw your post and today is your surgery. Hoping all went well. I have only used online support groups due to conflicts with time and work. Glad you will have the support of your sister. come back and post when you are feeling better. Sending out healing energy to you.

HI and welcome to the forum! I really hope your surgery went well yesterday. I will keep you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery! Good Luck!

I'm back surgery on Feb 28th went GREAT!!! I did great in the hospital surgery was postponed by 3 hours so it was very late night friday before getting to my room. felt sick next morning probable due to anestesia but no sore throat and no pain started walking next morning and haven't stopped yet feel great. drove home ( the 5 1/2 hours) on Monday. Stayed home from work for the three weeks a recommended. I was tired more than I was use to. had to learn to eat for energy every couple of hours. I have to learn to eat more offen and not the old way. I worked fI went to rom home for the last two weeks off. Have gone back to work and the only thing I had issue with was my bowels weren't doing what they should but it is getting better. My surgeon was on vacation so my month appointment has been posponed til April 17th but I went to my regular doctor last week she has taken me off my blood pressure medicine, reduced my diabetic meds and thinks if I continue to do well I'll be off everything by my 6 month appoinment. My current weight is 190 YAHOO!!! haven't been below 200 in years feels good!!! thank you all for responding to my post and I will try to remember to get online and post more often. I am just enjoying my life right now I get to walk around and be outside with my animals it feelings good to be without the pain in my legs and feet

I'm back surgery on Feb 28th went GREAT!!! I did great in the hospital surgery was postponed by 3 hours so it was very late night friday before getting to my room. felt sick next morning probable due to anestesia but no sore throat and no pain started walking next morning and haven't stopped yet feel great. drove home ( the 5 1/2 hours) on Monday. Stayed home from work for the three weeks a recommended. I was tired more than I was use to. had to learn to eat for energy every couple of hours. I have to learn to eat more offen and not the old way. I worked fI went to rom home for the last two weeks off. Have gone back to work and the only thing I had issue with was my bowels weren't doing what they should but it is getting better. My surgeon was on vacation so my month appointment has been posponed til April 17th but I went to my regular doctor last week she has taken me off my blood pressure medicine, reduced my diabetic meds and thinks if I continue to do well I'll be off everything by my 6 month appoinment. My current weight is 190 YAHOO!!! haven't been below 200 in years feels good!!! thank you all for responding to my post and I will try to remember to get online and post more often. I am just enjoying my life right now I get to walk around and be outside with my animals it feelings good to be without the pain in my legs and feet

Fantastic!

Once again welcome.

You are off to a great start.

Now develop these habits so that this does become a life long journey filled with success and happiness.

Ralph

Back