• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to forum and 2 1/2 years out not a goal weight

I am new here... I came looking for support and answers. I am 2 1/2 years post op. I lost steadily for the first 2yrs. Now I am stuck and been within 5lbs since then. I am trying very hard to get back on my diet. With lots of Protien low carbs and fat. I drink plenty of water my Starbucks plastic cup goes everywhere with me. My life style is super crazy so I am starting Premier Protein ready made shakes and bars. I also drink Isopure. I work alot of hours doing hospice. I think with my current schedule i can find a hour a day to work out. I had a water weight test done and the results were if i was just skin,bone,and muscle i would weight 125. So I would like to 30 lbs. lighter...Any help out there?

Well I think the smaller we get the harder it is to lose. It sounds like you are doing the right things increasing protein. I am at maintenance and keep my carbs at 50 or below. My protein is 80 or more. Keep drinking the water. Try and fit in the exercise and I think you can jump start things again. I did the 5 day pouch test a few weeks ago to help with cravings and it worked. I also lost 10 pounds of a 11 pound regain. Keep coming back and posting the support will help.

What are you consuming food wise...

If your schedule is as active as you said, have you fallen back into the just grab what is available to eat and run?

I caught the Starbucks cup comment. Are you eating there as well as grabbing their hot milk shake smoothies and such?

Start a food journal and count everything you put in your mouth including all of the add ons include in drinks, salads and such...

What are you consuming food wise...

If your schedule is as active as you said, have you fallen back into the just grab what is available to eat and run?

I caught the Starbucks cup comment. Are you eating there as well as grabbing their hot milk shake smoothies and such?

Start a food journal and count everything you put in your mouth including all of the add ons include in drinks, salads and such...

Yes, go back to journaling. Be accountable.

Here is an excellent website www.caloriecount.com . It lets you log all your food, acitivities and weight. It does an analysis of what you consume each day in terms of nutrients, especially protein, fat and carbs.

Get your protein up to 80 to 90 grams a day. Get your carbs down. Since you are stalled I would recommend you try to reduce your carb intake to under 60 grams a day; the lower the better.

I also agree with the idea of the pouch test. Basically you are going back to the beginnings when you do this. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/

Go back to your nutritionist and psychologist and consult with them. They can help. Join a local bariatric support group. Welcome to this forum. Keep coming back. Don't just pop a question and leave. Stay with us. We will help as much as we can.

By the way take time out to congratulate yourself too. You have lost 62 pounds. That is fantastic. Take it and smile.

Now back to work. :)

Ralph

Back