• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi folks. Im Jim. I had Gastric Bypass 4/9/2012. Lost 140 lbs and gained about 30 back. Due to eating my stress. New here. And trying to get a handhold back on the wagon.

Hi Jim
Welcome and congratulations on your amazing weight loss. I'm so glad you are here to seek advice and probably pass on some of your own wisdom. I found an article with a 5 day diet plan for when we hit a plateau or start to gain during our weight loss journey. It is titled "GASTRIC BYPASS 5 DAY POUCH TEST". You can find it on the forum page scroll half way down and look to your left. Sorry I don't know how to move the link to this pots with my iPad.

Please keep us posted and don't get discouraged

Awesome job on the weight loss! I think all of us have experienced setbacks. Sounds like you are on the right track; just pick yourself up and committ again with a little help from some friends that have been there.

Hi folks. Im Jim. I had Gastric Bypass 4/9/2012. Lost 140 lbs and gained about 30 back. Due to eating my stress. New here. And trying to get a handhold back on the wagon.

Hi Jim, Welcome great job on the weight loss. You will get your handhold back on the wagon. You took the biggest step already and you know how to use the tools that are at your disposal so you will continue to do great.

Tillie

Hi Jim, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! 140 pounds lost and gaining 30 back is still 110 pounds to the good. Thats wonderful!!! Just get back on track, we are all here for you! :)

Welcome Jim.

Two things. Please do join in the forum and we will support you as much as you need it. I am newbie to this forum. However, I have participated in many forums from Weightwatchers to Diabetes. The main purpose of a forum is for people with common goals/interest to support each other especially during tough times.

The second thing I will tell you is find or go back to your local bariatric support group and attend meetings and let them know where you are at. They will also provide you with much needed help. Perhaps a visit back with the nutritionist would help. Get your boundaries reestablished.

Don't let all your hard work go to waist (NO PUN INTENDED). I have attended two support groups already. There are a few people in these groups that have been going to the meeting for over 10 years and that is what they claim is the reason for their continued success. This includes one lady who had a "relapse" as you did and gained back 40 pounds. However, the group helped her to get back on track. She dropped the 40 again and is doing fine.

Don't lament. Don't beat up on yourself. Just pick yourself up by the boot straps and get back up on the horse and ride it!

:)

Ralph

Back