• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newby

I am new to this forum . Tonight is my first night. I had my bypass Nov. 25, 2013. Forgive me if it takes me a bit to navigate around here.

Welcome Pamelarose. You will found a very interesting experience and you will learn from many different people that had undergone WLS.

I am new to this forum . Tonight is my first night. I had my bypass Nov. 25, 2013. Forgive me if it takes me a bit to navigate around here.

WELCOME to the Forum Pamelarose!!! Looks like you have lost a lot of weight. :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cheyenne

Yes, welcome to the forum. It looks like you are on the right path. There is a lot of give and take on this forum. I think you will like it.

Thank you! I have just found time to get back on here and have been anxious to hear everyone else's stories and find out if where I am at is normal. I am still learning how to navigate around the site so have to refer to beginners guide often. I see you had your surgery less than a month ago. Kudos to you for getting on here so soon. I should have but have had a lot going on with my life besides this surgery. I look forward to chatting with you some time.

Thanks for replying Karenina. I hope to learn so much from here and to help keep my motivation up. I look forward to swapping stories. Only have limited time to get on here and am still learning my way around the site. I have a difficult time telling when I am full. I usually get nauseated before I know. Should I be eating slower or less? I am unsure there. It is still very hard to get in all the fluids. How did you get past these things or have you?

Thank you Cheyenne! I noticed you seem very educated and up to date on most of the topics. I am struggling just to figure out where to go on here. I refer to beginners guide frequently. How do you get the person's post to appear above your thread? Wow! You have also lost a lot. Do you feel good most days or do you still have nausea? I have nausea a lot and can not tell when I am full. I get nauseated first and that is when I definately know. I don't feel I am eating too much. I think I need to go back and check out all my basics and be sure I am doing everything correctly. I also have difficulty drinking enough. I am nauseated by most things except plain water. Am curioous if others have these problems and how they overcame them. Again, thanks for the welcome. Hope to chat with you some time.

Thank you Cheyenne! I noticed you seem very educated and up to date on most of the topics. I am struggling just to figure out where to go on here. I refer to beginners guide frequently. How do you get the person's post to appear above your thread? Wow! You have also lost a lot. Do you feel good most days or do you still have nausea? I have nausea a lot and can not tell when I am full. I get nauseated first and that is when I definately know. I don't feel I am eating too much. I think I need to go back and check out all my basics and be sure I am doing everything correctly. I also have difficulty drinking enough. I am nauseated by most things except plain water. Am curioous if others have these problems and how they overcame them. Again, thanks for the welcome. Hope to chat with you some time.

Thanks Pamelarose, I just have read a lot about bariatric surgery and what to do post op. Beyond what you read, trial and error is actually the best way to learn what works best for each of us. For instance, I don't do well with bread but I can eat a cracker. Someone else may have a different reaction to these same foods. For breakfast this morning I had an egg with melted cheese with a small piece of turkey sausage. I felt nauseous as soon as I tasted the sausage. I have had the sausage before and it didn't sit too well with me then either but this time was worse. I probably will wait a few months before trying it again. Someone else may not have a problem with it at all.

To get a person's post to appear on your thread push the button "reply with quote." :)

Cheyenne. :cool:

Thanks for replying Karenina. I hope to learn so much from here and to help keep my motivation up. I look forward to swapping stories. Only have limited time to get on here and am still learning my way around the site. I have a difficult time telling when I am full. I usually get nauseated before I know. Should I be eating slower or less? I am unsure there. It is still very hard to get in all the fluids. How did you get past these things or have you?
I found that by measuring and weighing all my food and keeping to the amount I'm supposed to eat at whatever stage I'm at reduces problems to a minimum. I do have trouble remembering some time. Last night, for instance, I had 3 oz of Tilapia and 3 oz of peas. I'm supposed to be keeping to 3 oz total, but for some reason my mind tells me that since the peas are so low cal, I can eat more of them. I got so sick. With the sleeve you start salivating and bringing up bubbly stuff. It's so uncomfortable and NOTHING makes it go away except for time. But in general, slower is better. It takes your brain about 20 minutes to catch up with your stomach, even before surgery.
I haven't had a problem with fluids and don't have any trouble drinking 80+ ounces a day. You say you're having problems, but look at your fantastic weight loss! You are really doing well.

Back