• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Ok, I'm back with a question regarding Greek yogurt?

donnayork

Ok is it considered a meal or a snack? I've been using it as a meal but thought if I used as a snack then I could eat a meal an get more protein. Trying to not rely on shakes as much even though my nutritionist said till I can eat more its fine but I don't want to drink one every day. Also with the yogurt do I stop drinking 30 before an after. Cause looking at all my paper work it shows yogurt in with liquids. So confused, any advise much appreciated.
Thanks
Donna. Ps I still can't eat more than a 1/4 cup per meal but have actually gotta down 1 oz of chicken!!

You can concider it both as a meal or a snack. But as a snack you woun't want more than a hundred calories worth. And I am assuming its plain non fat greek yogurt, good protein and calcium. Try mixing it with sugar free Torani syrups, they take away the sour and add a whole lot of fruity or nutty flavor. I also use it as a replacement for sour cream, yummy with a baked potatoe or with salsa. Is it a liquid or a solid; However, the mood strikes you I guess. Solid protein are the hardest for me to handle ground meats or vegi patties are my first choice.

cheers

I use my Greek yogurt as a meal. I get the Chobani since it's no sugar added, even the ones with fruit. Then I'll add either chia seeds (which adds fiber) or ground flax seed (which adds Omega 3). I'll also use the plain Greek yogurt with my tuna instead of mayo. So tasty and it adds more protein. As for drinking, I treat the yogurt as a meal, so wait 30 minutes. Do you have a nutritionist? Ask what they would suggest as well.

Donna,

You are doing really great on your weight loss, congratulations! Please, tell us how does it feel and how does your family reacting now that you are showing positive results? We'd love to hear it.

Last edited:
Well, my family lives about 8 hours away so they haven't gotten to see me. My best friend will be the first to see me this weekend. Hoping to lose 4 lbs by then so I can be in wonderland as I call it. Under 200 for the first time in over 6 years. My husband an kids don't say much, they say I'm looking good but sometimes hate to see me get sick an not be able to eat what they do. Sometimes even makes me feel left out but I remind myself of why I did this an I know it's all worth it.

Back