• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

On liquid diet an I'm starving

donnayork

Been on the liquid diet since the 28th, having a hard time today. Feel like I'm starving. Starting to get a little hateful with the hubby an kids. Anyone got any good ideals in spices I can add to chicken broth to make it more appealing? I am just keeping my fingers crossed that today is the worse of it. On a happy note down 7 lbs.

Donna, that's a toughie. You could try pepper, I know that always improves food for me. Another thing that worked for me is the picture of my grandson. He is the reason I started down this road. When I realized I couldn't even get on the floor to play with him, I knew I had to do something. So now whenever I feel tempted, hungry or just mean, I pull out his picture and smile.

Frank

:cool:

one day at a time!! I had to do it for 2 weeks, and actually didnt weigh myself at all and was kinda mad when i got to surgery day and i had only lost 6 lbs. i thought all that work and pain for 6 lbs, and they had to think if they were gonna do it or not......worst moment in the whole process.....well they did do it obviously but just think that if you cant do the liquid diet, you wonder if you can do the surgery or the after life of it......I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!! Dont give up, sugar free jello.....sugar free fudge pops.....I really hope you make it!!! I know in my pych eval he asked "what do you want out of this?" I said "I hope to lose weight." he said "HOPE?" I said "I take it back, I will lose weight and get healthy!" so I had to change the way i think that i can do it hope and fail.......to I will and cannot fail!!! ALSO I did not believe anyone when they said the hunger after sugery goes away.....IT IS TRUE!!! hang in there hon !!!! I got short with my family too, but they will get over it, just as you will......IT IS HARD and they know that too!

Angee

I'm doing much better today. Losing a pound a day but gotta do more work outs. My dr has a certain amount in mind that I have to lose or she won't do my surgery. I wish I could have fudge pops. She is very strict on what I can have. Jello, Popsicles ( sugar free of course) an one serving per day on unjury chicken broth. Ordered 2 big containers of it. No more than 800 cals per day. So three shakes, 2 Popsicles, 2 jello a day. Sucks but I'm on day 4 an I can do this. Thank you all for the kind words.

What has worked for me is to focus on what I am able to have and being grateful and not focusing on what I may be missing. Other distractions are important to take your mind away family, artwork, gardening, music etc. Going to that happy place that doesn't involve eating. I sympathize it's not easy.

regards

My favorite is Beef Pho broth... it's the broth in Vietnamese beef noodle soup, which is flavored with aromatic spices like star anise, five spice, cinnamon, pepper... if you have a Vietnamese Pho restaurant, just get some containers of the broth to go! It's wonderful. Also, vegetable broth is a nice change sometimes too. Hang in there.

Donnayork-check with your nutritionist to see if you can have a small amount of grated parmesan cheese. I think it makes chicken broth taste wonderful. It's something I have added to almost any soup I have eaten since I was a teenager *LOL* Don't laugh but try a little ketchup. Again, check with your nutritionist first. You don't want to compromise your surgery date by having something that isn't allowed. If you are allowed to have protein drinks they will make you feel fuller than broth. Unjury sells a chicken broth with 20 grams of protein that a lot of people from this forum like. You have to order it directly from Unjury.com if your surgeon doesn't carry any sice it's not available in stores.

Back