• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

One step Closer!

Today I meet with my surgeon and dietitian for the first time, without it being in a class. I have worked so hard for the last few weeks. I have lost 17+lbs. But I am still worried he is not going to be happy. I hate being nit picked. I have done well on my 1200 cal pre op diet. But I haven't stuck to it to the "T". So I worry that is what he is gonna focus on. I have Kaiser insurance, and the docs there are very stricted about who they do the surgery on. Also part of me just hopes that I continue to lose the weight, and in the end, not need the surgery. But I know that is just wishful thinking. UGH! This is harder than I thought it would be. Emotionally! The food is fine. The hard part is I have a family to feed as well. Hard to balance that. I end up eating what I make just in WAY smaller portions than I use to. I have still not gone over my 1200 cal at all... but the carbs and fats have not been good. :( I think I can lose my required 30lbs this way. I am over half way there! Here I go rambling again.. Sorry all! And thanks for your support! This is a great site! And you are all Awesome people!

Hang in there, buddy! We are with you. I had my surgery done at Kaiser SSF. The nursing staff was absolutely superb. The Surgeon, Anesthesiologist, and the program staff were also excellent.

Back