• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

one week out from surgery

Hi, I am just a week out from having a gastric by pass and I feel totally overwhemleded by trying to set up a schedule for my self for all the eatting and drinking that I am suppose to get done. I have woke for the last two mornings with cold shivering chills yet have sweat running down my face. It does go away after a while but it feels awfull when it is happening. Can someone give me some pointers on how I should be doing things ? I really would appreaciate the help

In the beginning it can be very daunting. It does get easier as time goes by. Can you write yourself a schedule? Always keep some kind of liquid with you to sip on. Remember to sip sip sip and chew chew chew. No one can get in all their protein and water in at first. Just follow your program and remember that right now it is protein and water (liquids) that are important. It gets easier. Good luck. Didn't your nutritionist give a sort of schedule to follow? Mine did but not written in stone, mainly a suggested schedule. Joy

Just take one step at a time. Just worry about what you have to do in the next 15 minutes so you won't be so overwhelmed.

Back