• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

People starting to see.....

Hello Guys: I had lost 25 pounds and people had started to see now my lost of weight. I feel so good. I am excited about the future.
Cordially,
Carolina

Hello Guys: I had lost 25 pounds and people had started to see now my lost of weight. I feel so good. I am excited about the future.
Cordially,
Carolina

Not even one month out!

I am looking at the one statement in your post "I feel so good".

Guess what it gets better.

Start keeping track of your accomplishments. Your victories. It isn't just weight. My latest victory is I am now comfortable in my 42 slacks! I am heading for 40s very soon. In fact, yesterday or the day before I bought a new pair of 40 size slacks. They are my target for the upcoming month or so.

Just to give you and idea of what victories to keep track of here is my list, which I proudly post whenever I get a chance to BRAG!!!! More importantly, I am trying to demonstrate the benefit of this surgery well beyond the weight loss itself.

Medical/Physical Maladies that have been resolved to date

• Diabetes resolved – off all meds, avg reading 110
• BP normal again – I am still taking bystolic 5mg. Resting pulse is around 60 and BP near or below 120/80. Without the bystolic my resting pulse is still in the 60s. However, my BP goes up to the high 130s/high 80s.
• Sleep Apnea resolved – I am not snoring nor do I believe I am stopping breathing. I will confirm this later this year. The air pressure from the CPAP machine was making me very uncomfortable; lots of burping. I need to make another appointment with Dr.
• Legs no longer swollen
• Waist size has shrunk – Wearing size 44 pants comfortably and just made it into 42 pants.
• Feet are smaller – I was able to put a pair of dress shoes on that I haven’t been able to wear.
• I stay under 1200 calories a day. Most days around 1000 calories.
• I have a lot more energy
• I can dance, dance and dance
• I can walk up neighborhood hills aggressively without having to stop; no longer breathless.
• My incontinence due to my prostatectomy has been resolved.
• I am able to sleep in my bed again. I had been sleeping In an upright chair to be comfortable.
• Dramatically reduced backaches; almost completely gone.
• I can bend over and tie my shoes now!
• I can see my toes again 
• I can do dance steps again that I couldn’t do. The belly is gone!

Start keeping track!

Ralph

Back