• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pets

carolynb

I had two very amazing dogs. Unfortunately, I had to help one cross the rainbow bridge. She was an amazing dog and had been with me for almost 13 years.
Tinkerbell is the brown and white shih tzu and Tiana is the white half shih tzu/Lhasa apso and they are both my world.

Attachments

• 20210102_125829.jpg
    20210102_125829.jpg
    995.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20201221_145849.jpg
    20201221_145849.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 72
Awe, it is so hard to lose a pet. We have always had a house full of them. Current status is 4 cats and 2 dogs. One of which is a little kitten. Our older male cat acts like a dad to her, teaching her to play fight just like Simba and her dad in the Lion King. They are so entertaining.

I have an almost-eight year old standard poodle named Ivy. Now that my two adult children are out of the house, Ivy's like my baby.

I got her groomed last weekend, but her hair was too short. I sent my husband to buy her a sweater at PetsMart. It has reflective yarn woven into it. Now she sparkles!

I am sorry for your loss, I know just how that feels. Oh how I love doggos! I had 3, for 15/16 and 17 years. Just loosing the last one last summer. It sucks, a lot! Right now we have decided to wait a while before bringing a new dog home because we are so busy we don't want it stuck home alone all the time. I thought about fostering for our local animal shelter but I know myself well enough to know I would fail and adopt every dog that came through. hahah

Here are all my fur babies! I’m not including my sons snake lol Leia (black and white) and Luke (brown and white) Catahoula hounds, Grace our very particular basement cat (we adopted her when she was almost 11, terrified of dogs, so she enjoys the finished basement but she can come upstairs anytime she wants), Jasmine (gray medium fur kitten that belongs to my daughter), Chewie (gray tabby), and Han (orange tabby).

OMG I am going to love this. Luke looks like a pit mix. PITTIE LOVE IS STRONG HERE! They are so misunderstood. I can't post pictures because I am at work and don't have any available. haha But I had 3 rescues! Two pittie/lab mixes and my girl Maryjane was by far the smartest dog I have ever known. It was like you could have a conversation with her. Peter and MaryJane were the pitties and we also had a Beagle names Charlie. I am not going to lie, he was a dick. Not like mean attack dog, just stubborn and always getting into mischief. He went mostly blind and then got nicer and more snugglely. It is crazy how being blind barely slowed him down though. I was amazed to see how he adapted. He lost his first eye at just 3 yrs old so lived 11 more years with 1 eye that slowly deteriorated due to genetic glaucoma. Oh boy that dog cost us a fortune. 7 surgeries, monthly ophthalmologist visits. Weekly eye pressure checks. Meds out the butt, we had to have a spread sheet and adjust our work schedules. Wouldn't change it for the world though, I like animals more than people! (No offense)

Love all the pets. I sadly can't have any growing up we always had 3 dogs in the house.

My husband is allergic to everything but birds.

Many years ago we had an African Gray loved that bird so much well I ended up with lots of breathing problems. To find out I am very allergic to birds.
So no pets here sat to say.

My sister always had 4 dogs so I get to be a good auntie. I walk them and bring them toys so they love to see me. She will say my name and she said they will go to the window and door looking for me. LOVE

Back