• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pod #10 intro

hi my name is Kate
I had the gastric sleeve done, 9/11.
Starting to feel a little like myself. 1st week was hell, but i got through it.
Was curious to know at this point how much should i be losing. I did a 2 week liquid diet pre op and lost 16 lbs, now I'm 10 days post op and i have lost 7 lbs is that good?
should it be more? I'm new at this just curious.

Hi Kate and welcome to the forum. Everyone is different so it is hard to say what you should be losing. I was not a fast loser, I think 12 pounds the first month. However, I lost every month for 15 months and reached my goal. Just as important is I have been maintaining my weight loss for 1 year. Follow your doctor's plan and try to get as much protein and water in as possible. You will not reach the goals they set this early out. It is something to work toward. You are still healing so treat your sleeve with care as one extra bite and make a big difference. I think you are doing great you have lost 26 pounds already. Welcome to the losers bench.

hi my name is Kate
I had the gastric sleeve done, 9/11.
Starting to feel a little like myself. 1st week was hell, but i got through it.
Was curious to know at this point how much should i be losing. I did a 2 week liquid diet pre op and lost 16 lbs, now I'm 10 days post op and i have lost 7 lbs is that good?
should it be more? I'm new at this just curious.

WELCOME to the Forum, Kate!!!

Most people don't lose much the first couple weeks because of the fluids they give during and after surgery. 7 lb. Is really great at 10 days out. Plus you just lost 16 lb two weeks before. That's super!

I gained about 15 lb after surgery because of fluid retention, but by the end of a month's time I had lost the water weight plus lost about 20lb. Everybody drops weight at a different rate. Just stick to the rules your surgeon gave you and you will be successful. :)

Good luck!

Cheyenne :cool:

As everyone is saying, Welcome.

Also, follow your surgeon's program.

You will do fine.

Weight loss happens. This is not a competition. This is a transformation into a new lifestyle.

The weight will come off at whatever rate it wants to.

You will plateau, drop, plateau, maybe go up a little. So many factors.

A year from now you will be a whole lot lighter and happier.

Ralph

Back