• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Recouperation time

Hi. I just attended a seminar last week here in Spokane and forgot to ask this question there so I will post it here and see where it goes. I am a dispatcher and pretty sedentary at my job. How long will I need before I can go back to work? I only work 4 days a week so if I take a week off it's a total of 10 days including days off. I am hoping that will be sufficient. I was hoping that I could go back right away or just take 2 days off but I'm sure that's wishful thinking. I am still waiting for them to call and set up my first dr appt so I am still very new to this other than the research I've done on line about it. I have decided to have the sleeve proceedure when it is time for me to schedule it. Is there anyone out there that can share thier experiences? I'm all ears and willing to hear from you.
Thank you ,
Stacey:rolleyes:

Each person is different and it can depend on what type of issues you may encounter as a result of previous surgeries, scarring, adhesions and such... I was up and walking in the recovery room within half an hour or so out of surgery. I had no pain, just nausea.
Once I was in my room I was up and running.
NOW, I had my gallbladder out less than 2 months after my RNY, that gallbladder surgery kicked my butt. I was moving slow for about 3 weeks. I did NOT get up in recovery straight out either..

Well, no previous surgeries and no hospitalizations. A few outpatient proceedures is all. Maybe that's good? :)
By the way, congrats on the weightloss! That is a truly amazing total since Nov of last year! It makes me excited for mine!!:cool:

You will do fine... Just keep in mind we are all unique and our perceptions are ours alone as well so we will experience things differently...

Follow your surgeons protocols and you should do wonderfully.

Back