• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

REGAIN SUPPORT MEAL PREP THREAD 10/8

lisaward4

Have lunch prepped until wednesday. 2 italian chopped salads with lite italian dressing (love this salad) and 1 serving of chicken salad. i have another round of chicken cooking in the crockpot for my cottage cheese dips (loving buffalonchicken one). then i have protein ready for the rest of the week. would like to do the cottage cheese pizza dip with chicken

I'm having sinus surgery on Tuesday so soup is my whole meal plan for next week. (Honestly, it probably would be anyway as soup weather has really hit my area lol)
I'm doing a vegetable heavy minestrone tomorrow, which will last 3 days and a potato parsnip soup from my old WW cook book.
Pumpkin overnight oats for breakfasts, per usual. Pudding and yogurt parfaits for snacks, also per usual. Scrambled eggs or cottage cheese for lunches. I'm figuring I'll need soft foods. But well see. Those salads sound awful good!!

daughter made lean grilled steak last night and grilled me an extra. going to slice that up with some peppers onions mushrooms and top with fat free mozzarella. that will be made for lunches thurs and fri as i dont want to waste the steak. i usually sautee everything with a little cooking spray and seasonings.
dinner tonight i am going to make chicken crust pizza. left overs will be dinners unless daughters boyfriends has some with me (he is eating healthier too). still have the chicken fajita soup. going to put that in freezer containers for a quick easy lunch/dinner. in the pantry have some salmon as well as in the freezer. looking at that as well (maybe salmon burgers in the airfryer). recipe in case anyone is interested.

i am thinking about using one of the the small freezers we have. working on emptying it out and using the stuff up in there. then if i have extras i can freeze and label. meal prep would be easier. honestly would just have to take a container out of the freezer the night before or in the morning.

I'm having sinus surgery on Tuesday so soup is my whole meal plan for next week. (Honestly, it probably would be anyway as soup weather has really hit my area lol)
I'm doing a vegetable heavy minestrone tomorrow, which will last 3 days and a potato parsnip soup from my old WW cook book.
Pumpkin overnight oats for breakfasts, per usual. Pudding and yogurt parfaits for snacks, also per usual. Scrambled eggs or cottage cheese for lunches. I'm figuring I'll need soft foods. But well see. Those salads sound awful good!!
hope you feel better hun. soups sound wonderful. it is cold now up so they sound perfect!!!

I hope your surgery went well!

last night prepped my work lunch for today and tomorrow. i did end up using up that leftover piece of steak. i made something similar to a philly cheesecake bowl. i sliced up a bell pepper, onion in sautéed in cooking spray until carmelized/cooked. sliced up my steak and added it to the veggies and sautéed a little more with some seasonings. put it in 2 meal prep containers on topped with 2 tablespoons of part skim mozzarella in each bowl. i used up a leftover and have lunch for two days.

i have mason jars. going to order some screw on lids from temu. salads seem to be fresher when meal prepped in the jars. i dont plan on having salads every day. i love salad but it gets boring everyday. found some salad prep and meal prep ideas on the low carb love website. considering trying some of those next week as the meals can be frozen. i would love to have lunches prepped to the point that i can just pull a meal out of the freezer. also, i get bored eating the same things all of the time. seriously thinking about doing a big meal prep for the freezer.

Surgery went well. Thanks for checking up! I have been tired, sore and eating my soup! lol
Hubs is home this week taking care of everything so that's a big relief. My handicapped mom lives with us so I was worried about that. But I'm just mostly resting. I was hoping to have enough energy to walk a few times this week but I don't see that my happening. But I'm tracking and my food intake is good.

Back