• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

RIP little angel

sharontx

QEPD, my little one. We will see you at the Rainbow Bridge one day.

His little memorial is complete now. Wanted to share with you all.
I read about doing a memorial and I found it did help me with the grief.
His plaque is out by the fountain, under a shady tree in the yard he loved so much.
I brought him home in the small box with his name affixed to it. The paw print they do is PRECIOUS.

Attachments

• Resized_600_20210722_185512.jpeg
    Resized_600_20210722_185512.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Resized_600__20210722_185504.jpeg
    Resized_600__20210722_185504.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 81
Thank you all for indulging me. I loved the little ball of fluff so much. We were together during the time I had cancer (and beat it), he was by my side the whole time. I do feel better now grief wise, I got sad, then mad, now more resigned to the actuality.

Thank you for sharing this with us. Those pictures brought tears to my eyes. I truly believe that "All dogs go to heaven". It gives me some help dealing with the grief of losing my beloved Velvet after 16 3/4 yrs. Having that lovely memorial is a beautiful tribute to your four pawed family member. ❤

Thank you for sharing this with us. Those pictures brought tears to my eyes. I truly believe that "All dogs go to heaven". It gives me some help dealing with the grief of losing my beloved Velvet after 16 3/4 yrs. Having that lovely memorial is a beautiful tribute to your four pawed family member. ❤
Oh Karen,
I am so glad I was able to "touch" you with the memorial. I am happy with how it came together too. Today the "dog sitter" who comes to let them (one now) out took a picture of the other dog next to the little plaque outside. Kinda like he was checking out his brothers spot. He also sniffed the cremation box, but I think just cause it was something new and he always investigates new thing.
Sharon

So sorry for your loss. I lost my Huey on the left a year ago in March. I was devastated. My fur babies helped me through many rough times. I still have my Chica on the right. She’s my rock. . I hope it gets easier for you. They are lost but never forgotten.
View attachment 4458
Thanks for your kind words, I appreciated getting them.
I am sorry for your loss of little Huey, both of your babies are adorable. I miss the feel of my little guys warm body, but me and his brother love him from here. Everyday I have a ton of butterflies, the boy's dogwalker, my sister and I all say the butterflies are Alika visiting us.

This is the one that is left. He is a huge sweet brute. He is a character as you can see, a real drooler and a very successful hunter/ratter. He brought me a HUGE possum up to the porch at 1245am the other night. He dropped it when I told him to (we had recently had a drop fight about a HUGE mouse he had), he came in and the possum was gone in the morning. The mouse was dead but he doesn't seem to kill the possums. I check his mouth now every time he wants to come inside.

View attachment 4472

This is the one that is left. He is a huge sweet brute. He is a character as you can see, a real drooler and a very successful hunter/ratter. He brought me a HUGE possum up to the porch at 1245am the other night. He dropped it when I told him to (we had recently had a drop fight about a HUGE mouse he had), he came in and the possum was gone in the morning. The mouse was dead but he doesn't seem to kill the possums. I check his mouth now every time he wants to come inside.
He’s adorable!

Back