• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

sudefed??

Rhonda

Dose anyone know if we can take decongestants after surgary? I'm 5 1/2 weeks? out and i saw my primary care doctor today she asked if i can take sudefed for some fluid in ears.my Bariatric clinic is closed so cant check with them.

I take it, but as always, you are best to ask you own physician as your surgery and progress is different than others...i've been taking it a while, and i'm about 6 months out. Good luck

Best to ask, but sudafed does come in liquid form so I am assuming it would be OK. If not sudafed they have other decongestants that come in liquids. Do ask as soon as you can. I use a pill cutter for many of my meds as it is the size of the pill that bothers my band. I am not supposed to take any NSAIDS like aspirin or advil but I do take claritin for the same reason that you will be taking sudafed.

Dose anyone know if we can take decongestants after surgary? I'm 5 1/2 weeks? out and i saw my primary care doctor today she asked if i can take sudefed for some fluid in ears.my Bariatric clinic is closed so cant check with them.

Rhonda-If you took Sudafed pre-surgery and didn't have any problems then you should be able to use it now. I am wondering why your primary care doctor was asking you if you could take it; she should know without asking you. Just read the label for ingredients to make sure you don't grab a combination decongestant / pain releiver containing NSAID's. You can't have any NSAID's ever again.

I take Clariton D. It is something I take regularly and I cleared it with my surgical Dr. It is a large pill so you gotta be careful but I have done ok with it and I very specifically asked about it with my surgeon.

Back