• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery All Done... Now healing

I had my surgery on friday the 13th, i have to have my tumor removed at the same time and my tubal done too, which they where not expecting to do together but my OB/GYN said it was bigger then he thought so he took it, then my By-pass was done. I have pain, from gas and it does hurt. Im thinking that i should have stayed another night in the hospital but i feel good coming home too, i just hope that i can mange my pain but so far no :(... Anyone have lots of pain after there surgery? I was told that i would since i had three things done at the same time. I also had to have a liver biopsy done too. :eek:

Crymsynslady-So sorry to hear about the pain you are having. You have been through a lot so it's no wonder you are hurting. You should call your surgeon and ask for some pain meds. If you already are using them and the pain isn't at a level you can deal with then ask for something different. My pain level was acceptable except for the first 12 to 24 hours (I wasn't sure what time it was for the first day). I didn't use my pain pump enough at first because I kept falling asleep and waking up from the pain and would fall asleep before I could use the pump. I didn't sleep anymore after the first day so I was hitting that pump every 6minutes *LOL* Once I was able to use it I was OK. Hope you feel better soon. Please keep us posted!!!

Crymsynslady-So sorry to hear about the pain you are having. You have been through a lot so it's no wonder you are hurting. You should call your surgeon and ask for some pain meds. If you already are using them and the pain isn't at a level you can deal with then ask for something different. My pain level was acceptable except for the first 12 to 24 hours (I wasn't sure what time it was for the first day). I didn't use my pain pump enough at first because I kept falling asleep and waking up from the pain and would fall asleep before I could use the pump. I didn't sleep anymore after the first day so I was hitting that pump every 6minutes *LOL* Once I was able to use it I was OK. Hope you feel better soon. Please keep us posted!!!

I have pain drugs, i have a lot of gas pain really and i can feel it moving around and it hurts until it comes out.. If it does get worse i will have my husband take me back in. they had a hard time manageing my pain in the hospital and had to give me stronger meds, i didn't have a pain pump, the let me come home on strong meds then expected really. I know it will get better in the up coming days, its just painful now LOL. I will keep you all posted as i heal and start losing the weight.

You are right, it will get better. A lot of people in thus forum swear that walking helps ease the surgical pain. I had a lot of gas pain too and I know what you mean about it hurting. I was told to use GasEx and it helped me a lot. You might want to try it.

You are right, it will get better. A lot of people in thus forum swear that walking helps ease the surgical pain. I had a lot of gas pain too and I know what you mean about it hurting. I was told to use GasEx and it helped me a lot. You might want to try it.
OH my goodness i totally forgot about the gasEx and i bought it for me too, THANK YOU!!! Im going to get some right now. thank you thank you

hi Cymsynslady,
happy to hear you are home and feeling better today. You sure had the "works done", I know you are gonna feel better as the pain leaves your body.
I hope you have help at home too. So glad to hear everything went well for you, will pray for you & your pain & for healing to take place.
you're on your healthy journey now, happy for you! talk to you soon.
Donna

Thank you Donna Yes i have wonderful help at home, My husband is doing everything and wont let me do anything, which is strange you know since im the wife and i do the cooking and cleaning, but it's my time to rest and heal :p. My children are helping me too, my oldest helps with my youngest and my daughter helps me. Yes i did have the works done. i pray no one has to have that much done when they go in causes extra pain. Ive taken in to much this morning and i had a lot of pain from it, i dont recommend doing that lol, but it's a live and learn situation now. I took my pain meds and the pain is subsiting ;).

Back