• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery is tomorrow 10 am :eek:

fuww57

Doing the sleeve. I've been on a liquid diet for 2 days. Really not so bad considering others report having to be on a liquid diet for weeks before surgery. This morning I woke up not feeling hungry. Mainly drinking water to keep hydrated. I'm wondering how soon after surgery people start getting nourishment. My dietician suggested bringing the protein powder with me since the hospital doesn't supply it. All that money they get and they can't supply you with the one thing you can have, especially since it's about $1./serving!

Good luck tomorrow! I wish I had answers for you, but I am 1 month behind you, and have to start my 2 week liquid diet July 2nd :) Be sure to let us know how you make out!

I had surgery on Friday and my first protein shake on Sunday. However I had no desire for any type of food as getting water in was a challenge.
Good luck let us know how it goes

Good luck tomorrow. My surgery was last Monday and I was started on protein shakes and hydration fluids the next morning. Our hospital provides a variety, but my dietician did suggest I bring my own shakes because the ones the hospital supplies are much lower in protein. I was very nervous when taking that first drink, but it gets easier as the days go by. Just start with super small sips and you'll set your pace. I hope you can get some rest tonight. I wish you the best, keep us posted!
-Jenny

As it turns out, I didn't have the surgery. I was literally lying on the table in the o.r. when the anesthesiologist had issues with my heart. He called my cardiologist who advised him that I was fine but that wasn't acceptable so I was sent home. He thought I could have blockages. My cardiologist put me on a new medication which restored my heart function to the normal range which proved that I don't have any blockages (the med wouldn't clear them, of course). So my heart is in better shape which means less risk during the surgery and I have a new surgery date at the end of August. I just have to do another pre-admission but I won't have to repeat everything.

Sorry to hear the surgery didn't happen today, but far better to be safe than sorry. Stick with it, it will get done.

Frank

:cool:

Thanks. Better safe than sorry seems to be the response I hear the most. I'm also one of those people who say when something negative happens it's for a reason and will turn out fine in the end. Hopefully I'll be back on the boards after the surgery to report on the results.

Back