• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

surgery tomorrow

I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow and I am really having doubts. Is this what I really want to do???? I need some positive thoughts.....
:eek:

Dear Lisa,

I can't speak for you but I can tell you what my friends have said who have had by pass surgery. Not one of them is sorry that they had it done and all have said they would do it again in a heartbeat,(maybe not the day after surgery, but very soon). Most of them have had life long battles with weight control and this has worked for them. I chose a lapband and it has solved my problem although the weight loss is much slower. Even the few who had complications have said they would do it again. If you have had that life long problem and you want to get healthy you might say that this is what you want to do. It is normal to have doubts the day before surgery. Wishing you the very best.

Lisa-You sound so much like I did just before my surgery. Having doubts and even being nervous and scared are all part of the emotional rollercoaster ride most of us go through. I even asked if it was too late to change my mind as I was being wheeled into surgery *LOL* I'm sure you didn't make your decision to have WLS on a whim. Just think of how your life will change for the better as the pounds drop off :) Try to relax, get some sleep tonight and you will be OK for the big day tomorrow. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. After your surgery you will feel better each passing day. Make sure to let us know how you are coming along.

Just remember what you are doing this for. Ihavemine in a few weeks, and its scarey yet exciting. Ask Doctor for a i don't care shot before surgery

Back