• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery was 12/22/15 My body furnace and ac is out of whack?

msmdw

When I returned to work the heat in the kitchen made my light headed and dizzy. If i kept the kitchen cool enough for me to work in everyone else was wearing coats. I get really weak feeling and dizzy and have to lay down out of the heat. Hard to finish day of work after over heating. Doc and I thought I had a UTI and found degenerative arthritis in L4 and L5 instead after cat scan.

Any information on the heat and dizziness!? All eise is going great BUT the heat and dizziness is really messing me up.

Thanks

Last edited:
When I returned to work the heat in the kitchen made my light headed and dizzy. If i kept the kitchen cool enough for me to work in everyone else was wearing coats. I get really weak feeling and dizzy and have to lay down out of the heat. Hard to finish day of work after over heating. Doc and I thought I had a UTI and found degenerative arthritis in L4 and L5 instead after cat scan.

Any information on the heat and dizziness!? All eise is going great BUT the heat and dizziness is really messing me up.

Thanks

Hi!!! Are you taking any medication now that you were taking before your surgery? Maybe your weight loss has affected the proper dosage.

I had a terrible time with dizziness weeks and months after my bariatric surgery. Before surgery, I was on 2 heart/ blood pressure meds. After surgery they took me off one of them then eventually cut the other in half then took me off it entirely. My bloodpressure was really super low at that point, way too low. My heart rate also was way down in the 30's and 40's much of the time and I was hospitalized. I kept setting off monitor alarms.Even when I came off the meds it still took time for my vitals to come back to normal. I think fast weight loss strongly affects our bodies and it takes time for our bodies to adjust.

Good luck, I hope they figure out what the problem is and fix it. Let us know how you're doing.

Cheyenne :cool:

Thanks Cheyenne,

I was thinking that was what was happening. Nothing else was making sense. I have a blood pressure pill and small dose. I am going to talk to dr about it. And see if it needs to change or be removed. Pressure is in low 90's when I take it. Otherwise seems ok.

Thanks for your response.

Thanks Cheyenne,

I was thinking that was what was happening. Nothing else was making sense. I have a blood pressure pill and small dose. I am going to talk to dr about it. And see if it needs to change or be removed. Pressure is in low 90's when I take it. Otherwise seems ok.

Thanks for your response.

You're welcome. My blood pressure went down to 80/50 - 70/50 for a week in the hospital before they took me completely off my blood pressure meds. My bariatric doctor is 90 minutes away so he wasn't treating me but instead it was the local hospital on staff doctors because I was admitted through the emergency room. I think they should have figured this out sooner especially since my pulse was 30-40 beats per minute instead of 80. I set the alarms off so much that some of the nurses would disconnect my alarm while they were on their shift. It took me a couple weeks after coming off my meds for my blood pressure and pulse to go back to normal range.

Hope the meds are what is wrong be with you too because it is an easy fix. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Back