• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

This is it....

Here I am. Night before surgery. Surprisingly, my nerves are not too bad off. But I still think I won't be sleeping much tonight. Plus this "bowel prep" which hasn't been bad at all (prolly cuz haven't eaten nothin in two weeks) but its still lingering a bit. Thanks all for the advice and support thru this. It's all great. There is a great group of people here!

I ACTUALLY SLEPT! My nerves are cooler than I thought they would be! I am up, showered and ready to go! See ya all on the flip side!

It is 4 am here. Surgery went well. As planned. I have been walking often. Ice chips are my best friend. I sleep about 1hr at a time. Then start the cycle again. Now it's road to recovery and my new life as a person, not a fat person!

Congrats!! Im glad all went well and you are even up to being on the puter/phone so soon after surgery. It eases my mind a little bit more! Be sure to keep us updated! ~Kelly~

hi how are you today?? happy for you that your surgery was a success, I know the wait was long but you'll now see the results you want. your taste buds will change and if you loose hair, trust me it comes back. it took mine almost 8 months to stop falling out but it came back in thicker and a little bit curly( so happy here). wishing you continued success.
Donna Bigtallsis)

Hi Sis!! Haven't heard from you in so long! I was beginning to think you gave up on us. How are you doing? Today for me has gone well so far. Although as I am sitting here on the pc typing, I am doing my first protein supplement mix... not sure its gonna go nicely! We will see, Ima take it slow. But I was able to eat my whole 2 ounce breakfast this morning.. And 2 ounce jello.. Which was better than I did yesterday. So I guess each day is a new triumph on this journey! Its good hearing from you Sis! Tell me how you are doing!

Back