• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

tomorrow is the first day of pre op shakes

tiggerp

Got everything ready for the shakes and starting to get my bag packed for the hospital
got my jammies, pillow and blanket,CPAP, laptop loition and my going home clothes is there anything else i need to bring?:confused:

I took my own soap because of my skin. Don't forget your last minute things like toothbrush and toothpaste. Deodorant. And any questions you may have for your surgeon that you may think of. That's what I did.

TillieS

Make sure you take a nice moisturizing lip balm, a water bottle that has measures on the side.

Take a robe..

Don't forget your chargers for your electronics and a camera..

Make sure you are drinking a lot of water while on your liquid diet. I do not know about anyone else but the protein shakes made me very thirsty..

If you do crafts take along a project.

Got everything ready for the shakes and starting to get my bag packed for the hospital
got my jammies, pillow and blanket,CPAP, laptop loition and my going home clothes is there anything else i need to bring?:confused:

Yippee!

Congratulations.

Remember this, you will have to have your sleep doctor lower the pressure on your CPAP machine almost immediately. The quick weight loss you will experience in the first month makes this necessary. The excess air pressure makes your new pouch very uncomfortable. Quite frankly, I stopped using my CPAP machine within the first week. It was so terribly uncomfortable even after I lowered the pressure.

Sleep apnea tends to lessen dramatically in the first couple of months if not disappear completely.

I do need to go for the official test. I might even have a remnant. However, my wife doesn't think so. I don't snore, I breathe softly now without interruption, etc,. etc.,

Best wishes,

Ralph

Well had my first HMR didn't think i would like it well color me surprise it wasn'thalf bad. A little on the on the thicke side but not bad at all. think i will add just a little more water on the next one any suggestions on flavors i have choc. and vanilla

Well had my first HMR didn't think i would like it well color me surprise it wasn'thalf bad. A little on the on the thicke side but not bad at all. think i will add just a little more water on the next one any suggestions on flavors i have choc. and vanilla

I used HMR's before as well. They were pretty much ok. I did add vanilla extract to my vanilla shakes. Made it taste a whole lot better.

Ralph

I'm starting to hate these shakes only got 09 more days for these shakes and 1 day of clear liquids and jello so ready for this to be over got everything ready for hospital got a few last minute thing to pack. will keep everyone in formed.
does anyone have any ideas on stoolsoftenerss that work real goodand fastt?

I'm starting to hate these shakes only got 09 more days for these shakes and 1 day of clear liquids and jello so ready for this to be over got everything ready for hospital got a few last minute thing to pack. will keep everyone in formed.
does anyone have any ideas on stoolsoftenerss that work real goodand fastt?

Shakes will be part of your life regimen post op too.

Please, find something you like. The protein will become so important. In the initial months post op protein shakes and/or drinks will be essential to assure you get your minimum required protein each day.

You can enhance the HMR shakes too. There are recipes available to make them more tasty.

I never had a real issue with my vanilla shakes.

I also added vanilla extract as I said before. Experiment.

You might even be able to add fruit to it and just make sure you stay under the 1200 calories a day you are probably limited to right now.

The pre-op diet will assure that your liver will shrink and get rid of a lot of unwanted fatty deposits.

Ralph

doing ok had a spell were i was ssssssooooo hungery but got over that hump just drank more shakes. dr. said if i was hungery just drink more shakes.

Glad it's going okay. Your 1/2 way through pre op shakes, must be encouraging. How long does your doc say to be on liquid post op?

well doing good if my scales are right i'm down to 324 and almost got 2 boxes done and 2 more to go
one more week to go yeah!! yeah!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!

Back