• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Unflavord Protein

GCooper

Does anyone know if the Unflavord GNC Brand of Whey Protein has any taste? I was hoping it would be tastless, and can mix it with most anything. I havnet bought it yet hoping someone had tried it. Is it like Isopure or any of the other tastless, odorless, clear protein that can be mixed with anything?

From my experience, any brand of unflavored protein has a slight taste but mixes well with other things. The stronger the thing you mix it with the less you noticed the taste of the protein. Just be aware that some protein powders get lumpy if you heat them above 130 degrees so using hot tap water for a beverage like hot chocolate works better than trying to heat in a microwave.

I am curious to see what kind of Protein everyone is using. I've discovered the Pure Protein drinks and powder...anyone using others?

Iam pretty new to this- i juststarted my 2 week protein shake diet prior to my upcoming bypass surgery. I havebeen taking muscle milk light containers to work fr the convenience (the cohocolate is pretty good but i have a huge sweet tooth- friends who have tasted it told me it is too sweet!) i alos bought some unflavored protein powder online form unjury because my dietiician said it is great i haven't tried it yet. I use a powdered whey protein i got at walmart when i am home and have access to milk to mix it with.

I use Unjury powder and EAS CarbAdvantage pre made shakes from WalMart. I have also used Premier pre made shakes from Costco and also at Sam's Club. I tried Muscle Milk lite and GNC brand but found both of them to be very bitter.

That's cool...I also purchased the Unjury protein powders and they were great, accept, i've decided that if I will be on some sort of protein pwder/drink for maybe the rest of my life, I needed an economical one! I have also tried the Muscle Milk and EAS ready made...but I found that the Pure Protein ones have less calories and more protein. Today, I also purchased the Pure Protein Vanilla powder to use once my Unjury protein powder runs out. I put Vanilla powder in my Greek Yogurt and the Cholocate powder in my oatmeal (yum!) I was using the unflavored one for my first 2 weeks in my chicken broth. Like I said, I did a lot of research and found that the Pure Protein was the most economical in both powder and drink form.

Jules-Just make sure the brand you use has the correct type of protein, run it by your nutritionist just to make sure. You probably won't be using a lot of protein shakes once you are further down the road after surgery because you will be eating enough food to meet your protein requirements. Unjury is a medical grade protein powder and it will be hard to find anything better.

Yes that is true Pat, the Pure Protein was recommended by my program. I went with the Unjury to start with because I wanted to make sure I had the best and I couldn't find anything better and made just for us post ops...the Pure Protein is a Whey Protein and tastes great too.

I tried Muscle Milk light and I think it is so nasty. I mixed some fat free sugar free pudding powder with it to make it drinkable. Not bad, but I cant get past the bitterness of it. LOL Have not found my perfect drink yet.

I am using the Weight Watchers Plus smoothie mixes right now. I had them left over from my pre-surgery requirements and my surgeon said I can use it. The smoothies only have 10 grams of protien but with the skim milk and a scoop of non-fat dry milk mix it brings my protien up to 26 grams. I am drinking the french vanilla and it is delish! There are 7 packets to a box for $7.95 and sometimes they go on sale for $4.95 (that's when I stock up) they have chocolate and coconut but i prefer the vanilla. You don't have to be a WW member to buy their foods.

Back