• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

upcoming surgery

Hi everyone! Im new here and I just got my date for bypass surgery! I will be going in on the 28th of August! Im excited but nervous at the same time! :eek:

I lIsa, Welcome. It is very exciting when the surgery date is set. It is also perfectly normal to be happy, scared, anxious, nervous aall at the same time. That is whaen it hit me like a ton of bricks, when I met the surgeons and set the date, it all became so real at that point and I almost freaked out:rolleyes: but I just had to relax and remember why I was doing this and that I had tried everything else and nothing worked. Just remember you can come here to vent or voice worries and concernes, we are all here to help each other. :cool: Tom

Lisa-Your surgery is fast approaching. Like Tom said it's normal to feel a rush of emotions so don't worry too much about that. Try to keep yourself busy before surgery and get things organized at home to make yourself as comfortable as possible when you return home after surgery. Maybe make a run to the store to pick up some things you know you will be using like bottled water, broth or bouillon cubes, cream based soups, etc. Don't foget to get yourself a small blender if you don't have one. Make sure to let us know how you are doing after surgery, all of us will be thinking about you.

Hi dragonfly. Guess what- we have the same surgery date. It feels like ti took forever to get here because my insurance required a 6 month program before they would consider authorizing the surgery. I started a 2 week protein shake diet on wed. This will continue until the day of surgery and of course after. I completely understand your feelings- i am very excited but kinda nervous at the same time. I think i will get more nervous as 8/28 gets closer but i know i am doing the right thinng! Good luck to you!! ;)

Back