• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

View first unread

Pat99

Kevin-On some of the forums there is an area titled "view first unread" which, of course, allows you to go to the first unread post. It's a real time saver especially with forums that have more than 1 or 2 pages. The problem is that not all of the forums have this tool. Can you fix this please? I poked around to see if there was a setting that would allow me to add this but didn't find anything.

Yeah Pat, I'll look into it and let you know what I come up with. Thanks for bringing it up.

Hmm, I couldn't figure anything out about that "view first unread" problem. I'm not having any problems with it when I'm logged in to my account, but I understand how that could get annoying if your trying to figure out where to start reading at. Sorry. I mentioned it on another forum that I'm a member of to see if anyone can come up with a quick fix for it.

I am new to everything. just need to know where to find basic info...what are posts, tags, threads and visitor. just now found out i am a visitor so i tried to find out about being a part of a group the ans was no openings i believe. everything i have read has ans so many questions already and yet i have more. ps i am new to using the whole computer thing also!!!

I am new to everything. just need to know where to find basic info...what are posts, tags, threads and visitor. just now found out i am a visitor so i tried to find out about being a part of a group the ans was no openings i believe. everything i have read has ans so many questions already and yet i have more. ps i am new to using the whole computer thing also!!![/QUOTE

A post is what you are reading, threads are replys to a specific topic and you are now a member, not a visitor. People who visit this forum and who do not create a profile are visitors. Here is a link to a "dictionary" of computer terms that will help you understand the language bettter.

http://www.techterms.com/definition/thread

Hi my name is mary and Iam knew I had surgery april 5th 2011 I was

274lbs Iam 135 now but I really cant eat sometimes 2 bites iam not taking my pills

and Iam sure Iam not getting 52grams of protein either I need help on food or meals from someone who has gone through this and any info thats helpfull thanks

Mary-You should be able to call the nutritionist who was supporting you after your surgery for meal plan advice. But you can drink protein shakes to help meet your protein needs. You don't have to drink the entire thing at once. Drink some, store in fridge, drink more later. If you are supposed to be taking pills (vitamins, RX, etc.) you need to start taking them. Try taking one at a time spacing them apart throughout the day. Try carrying them on you in a small plastic container or a snack baggie so you have them handy at all times. Keep a beverage that you like with you at all times too. This way you can take your pills and get your fluids in.

Hi my name is mary and Iam knew I had surgery april 5th 2011 I was

274lbs Iam 135 now but I really cant eat sometimes 2 bites iam not taking my pills

and Iam sure Iam not getting 52grams of protein either I need help on food or meals from someone who has gone through this and any info thats helpfull thanks

I Maryrennings, Welcome to the forum. I agree with Pat you need to set up an appoitment with your nutritionist, but in the mean time please start taking your vitamins and drinking protien shakes, some of the quality shake mixes have at leat 25 grams of protien so 2 a day will get you 50 grams a day if that is all you eat. You didn't say which surgey you had so I am guesing the RnY or sleeve based on the total loss of appatite and finding it hard to eat. It was a solid year before I started to get any kind of appatite back. Hang in there and take you vitamins and talk with your nutritionist. Let us know how everthing goes. :cool: Tom

EAS 17 gram proteins, 3 carbs, 0 sugar will give you 70 grams of protein daily. Eat what you can tolerate, cottage cheese,yogurts Lite. of course no white products. Eat whole wheat bread 35 cal per slice, scrambled eggs with a little cheddar cheese melted in. eggs are so igh in protein that they are good anytime.hard boiled. when I went from 262 to 143 I couldn't eat and I had to force food. It is a struggle that you can and will overcome. glad you are here.patti

Back