• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight loss

Hi guys!

Just curious as to how much weight people lost the first 6 weeks after roux en y? I am 346 right now so maybe people who are or were closer to that weight could let me know! Thanks :)

Jamie

Jamie-I was 356 the morning of surgery. I don't remember how much weight I lost specifially at 6 weeks but I lost at least 55 pounds after 4 months. It came off very fast for me in the beginning. This doesn't count the 24 pounds I gained from the IV fluids I was on for 4 days post surgery. I lost those 24 pounds in 3 or 4 days taking prescribed dieuretics. Taking into consideration what you do for a living you're probably aware of this situation already.

Since each of us are different you really can't make an accurate comparison on how fast you will lose weight compared to someone else, there are just way too many variables at play. I'm sure you will do fantastik, if not better :) :) :) The best bet is to follow your meal plan and don't rush yourself through the phases. Let your pouch be your guide, it will let you know when you are ready to move to the next phase. Exercise also plays an important role in how fast you will lose weight but it's also important to follow any lifting restrictions after surgery.

I am 5 weeks post-op. I had RNY and I was at 223 starating out and Ive lost 34 pounds since I began the liquid phase 10 days before surgery, so I'm counting that as well. That would make it about 7 weeks from Aug. 19 to now. 34 lbs.

Back